Re: Wondering about FoW

Post by Warlord Solskritt on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:45 pm

Here's a sample 600pt list:

MW Armored Panzergrenadiers

Company HQ w/ halftracks and two panzerknacker upgrades-85

Armored Panzergrenadier Platoon w/ three squads and panzerknacker upgrade-290

Light Anti-tank Gun Platoon w/ three 5cm PaK 38's mounted on halftracks-205

Total=580

It gives you decent anti-tank and solid infantry although it's pretty small because of the cost of armored infantry.
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans
Registration date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:46 pm

I just posted up something similar, ironically.
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) on Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:12 pm

Double post; but, meh.

Should I focus on building a mid-war or late-war force?

I've been looking at the Afrika Book stuff for the most part (as I can't get my hands on anything else).

I'd hate to get my stuff set up right and proper and then have no one interested in playing a match against me because they're working on a different time period.
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi on Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:28 pm

For the most part your stuff will be able to transfer from Mid-War to Late-War without too much difficulty (or any at all).

With panzergrenadiers your combat platoons should transfer over verbatum, and your tanks should also be able to transfer without too much difficulty either. Only a few small changes are usually made between the two if you can swing.

Hold off on buying the FE late-war book though if you plan on it. They are coming out with a new one soon.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:16 pm

scurrdi wrote:
Hold off on buying the FE late-war book though if you plan on it. They are coming out with a new one soon.

Is that the Fortress Europe book?
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2008-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane on Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:00 am

Yes, thats the one. Next month or something like that
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi on Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:15 pm

Yes, Fortress Europe is supposed to replace Festung Europa. From what I understand there will not be any serious changes to the forces, but the following will be in place:

All of the stuff from other Late-War books will be there (like 155mm aritllery and L4 observers).

The design and layout will be different (like in the newer books, removal of the amount of combat vs. support platoons available).

So technically you could still use the old book (cause I don't think the point costs will be changing) but the new book will have alot of the new toys and such.

scurrdi
Chaos God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart on Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:46 pm

sounds cool
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 280

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:03 pm

Where did you hear about the revision of Festung Europa. Where the link.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3599
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

View user profile http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:35 pm

rokassan wrote:Where did you hear about the revision of Festung Europa. Where the link.

Release date is; ironically, on here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flames_of_War

Verified that they are doing it, here:

http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=841
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:47 pm

Bah, im kicking myself in the ass for having wasted money on the Stalin Onslaught book, looks like evrything from that book will be in the festung Europa book too.

Is a great deal about getting the free divisional book, i wonder if Joel is gonna honor it.

"I don't give a goddamn flying hawkman fuck what anyone says - THIS is the greatest fuckin' finale to a film ever. A legion of hairy winged super badasses attacking an art deco rocketship belonging to the evil ruler of the universe, a goddamn football player hijacking said rocketship and crashing it into a fuckin' emperor's palace on his goddamn fuckin' wedding day, saving the Earth with seconds to spare. With extra POWERRRRCHORDS for good fuckin' measure.

Flash Gordon. Fuck Yeah. "
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:01 pm

Well, I don't think EVERYTHING is going to be in Fortress Europe.

My assumption will be that alot of the new rules and company options (like the IS-2 company and the Udarny's) will still only be in their respective books.

What you will probably see is more things like the "options" available, such as the massive rocket battery. Those options will probably be available in the new FE.

So in the long run I think getting Stalin Onslaught was a good call as it allows you to take other companies which would not be available in FE.

I'm going to get it because there hasn't been anything too interesting out there for American infantry, but FE will include all the new toys I have in Cobra (like the L4 Grasshopper and 155mm Artillery)

scurrdi
Chaos God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) on Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:14 am

scurrdi wrote:Well, I don't think EVERYTHING is going to be in Fortress Europe.

My assumption will be that alot of the new rules and company options (like the IS-2 company and the Udarny's) will still only be in their respective books.

What you will probably see is more things like the "options" available, such as the massive rocket battery. Those options will probably be available in the new FE.

So in the long run I think getting Stalin Onslaught was a good call as it allows you to take other companies which would not be available in FE.

I'm going to get it because there hasn't been anything too interesting out there for American infantry, but FE will include all the new toys I have in Cobra (like the L4 Grasshopper and 155mm Artillery)

Will they be doing this with other books? I would rather not have to repurchase a book down the line if I can wait a few extra months when I get myself into this.
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi on Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:36 pm

What Battlefront has said is that is 2009 they plan to spend equal amounts of time on both Mid-War and Late-War.

For the time being your best bet is to go with the new FE book when it comes out this weekend. From what they have explained, the new book is not a "replacement" but rather an "update" to reflect how they've been doing. If you buy the old FE book (Festung Europa) you can still use all of the units and everything out of there.

So, to answer your question. If your going to start up with Germans go with Fortress Europe to start with, and then if you decide to get more specific, buy one of the normany or Balagration books. For Mid-War I can't say yet.

scurrdi
Chaos God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top