Stupid question from a non-FOW player

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stupid question from a non-FOW player

Post by dork_jedi on Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:20 am

Are you able to play an early war versus a mid or late war army and have it fair? If not, is there a main time period people play in?
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid question from a non-FOW player

Post by rokassan on Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:35 am

They are doing all three periods. Right now they have mid(1942-1943) and late(1944-1945). Early war will be done eventually and that would be 1939-1941).
And no playing those periods against each other wouldnt be fair at all. Think about it a Panther vs a british A12 light tank or Matilda...they'd have no chance. Also the prices for equipment is completely different for each period.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3599
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

View user profile http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young on Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:41 am

dork_jedi wrote:Are you able to play an early war versus a mid or late war army and have it fair? If not, is there a main time period people play in?

Different periods means different weapon options available, wouldnt be to fair Smile we mostly play Mid war, but some movement is being made towards late war recently.

"I don't give a goddamn flying hawkman fuck what anyone says - THIS is the greatest fuckin' finale to a film ever. A legion of hairy winged super badasses attacking an art deco rocketship belonging to the evil ruler of the universe, a goddamn football player hijacking said rocketship and crashing it into a fuckin' emperor's palace on his goddamn fuckin' wedding day, saving the Earth with seconds to spare. With extra POWERRRRCHORDS for good fuckin' measure.

Flash Gordon. Fuck Yeah. "
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane on Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:14 am

Most everyone is playing midwar but everyone seems to be slowly moving towards late war too. Battlefront is pushing Latewar right now, it you go to the website that is all you see. Hey Bill, I hear your 40k list is cheeeezy! LOL, JK.

Back to the question, you could do either or pick which period you like more. Also, some armies can be played in mid or late with little modification.
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi on Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:55 am

Yeah, alot of armies can switch over without much difficulty (only the Italians have trouble).

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Love on Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:22 pm

I have a question myself, i've noticed theres several Intellegence books for the armies and the early/mid/late war things. Which books does everybody use, since it seems everybody plays midwar.
Dr. Love
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 344
Armies : Orks, Empire, Imperial Guard (WIP)
Registration date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young on Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:25 pm

Dr. Love wrote:I have a question myself, i've noticed theres several Intellegence books for the armies and the early/mid/late war things. Which books does everybody use, since it seems everybody plays midwar.

Midwar is Ostfront, Late war is Festun Europa. there are couple of other books, Normandy has americans in it , Afrika corps? has the brits, and i think there is another one that just came out with more options for late war. And then there is the Rulebook

"I don't give a goddamn flying hawkman fuck what anyone says - THIS is the greatest fuckin' finale to a film ever. A legion of hairy winged super badasses attacking an art deco rocketship belonging to the evil ruler of the universe, a goddamn football player hijacking said rocketship and crashing it into a fuckin' emperor's palace on his goddamn fuckin' wedding day, saving the Earth with seconds to spare. With extra POWERRRRCHORDS for good fuckin' measure.

Flash Gordon. Fuck Yeah. "
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Love on Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:45 pm

What books have Americans in them? I've been looking at the FOW Website and its not especially clear.
Dr. Love
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 344
Armies : Orks, Empire, Imperial Guard (WIP)
Registration date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane on Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:07 pm

The only book for midwar for Americans is the Afrika book which covers North Africa, Tunisia, Siciliy up until Jan. 44. From Jan. 44 and later is part of the late war rules covered in Festung Europa book. What has happened is that the Battlefront is in high gear in reguards to late war. The core book for late war is Festung Europa but they have put out several mini-codex's or intellegence books that cover different armys in more detail. For exampe, in the new Cobra book. It covers in detail the German 2nd "Das Riech" SS Armored Division, the 12 "Hitlerjurgend" SS Armored Division and a few other units that operated in the break out of Normandy. On the American side you have in detail the 2nd "hell on wheels" Armored Division, 3rd "Spearhead" Armored Division and a few other rifle and recon units that operated in that area. The other books are D-1 (paratroopers), D-Day, and Bloody Omaha. If you are interested in midwar you only have to get Afrika book.

Last edited by Hurricane on Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi on Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:09 am

Yeah the only American book for Mid-War is Afrika. The only other book for Mid-War out there is Ostfront. Both books contain the Axis Armies but Ostfront only has Russians while Afrika has Brits and Americans.

Ostfront also has rules for several other European Countries who fought with the Germans/Italians.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top