Indians or US?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Indians or US?

Post by Warlord Solskritt on Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:53 pm

Hey everyone.So I've been considering the Indians for a while now as my allied force and I was wondering what people think of them.I think the models look cool and would give me a chance to scream "Alalalalalalalalala" and "Allah Akbar!!!" as I win with them.It's either these guys or a US 92nd Infantry Division force where all the troops are "African American" and all the officers are white.(Nothing to do with my Confederats Laughing )
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans
Registration date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Indians or US?

Post by Valhalla114 on Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:31 am

No offense but Indians dont make alalalalala noises those are people from the Middle East, ask Bill he was there a long time ago. Indians talk funny, have red dots above and between their eyes and own/operate gas stations. Get your stereotypes right JC.
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 465
Armies : Guard, Sisers, =][=, Blood Angels.
Registration date : 2008-02-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt on Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:39 am

Valhalla114 wrote:No offense but Indians dont make alalalalala noises those are people from the Middle East, ask Bill he was there a long time ago. Indians talk funny, have red dots above and between their eyes and own/operate gas stations. Get your stereotypes right JC.

Well they do shout "Allah Akbar!" according to the FoW Afrika Book,so I'm not entirely off. Very Happy
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 on Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:02 am

Allah Akbar which means God in Great or God is Greatest is direct from Arabic and Allah is the Muslim term for God. This hints at their monotheistic nature. Indians are mostly Hindi, a religion with a pantheon. They definitely don't say Allah Akbar.

Now I haven't seen this book but if it says that then there's a gross mistake. North Africa is inhabited by a large amount of Muslim peoples as is the Middle East. Check again.
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 465
Armies : Guard, Sisers, =][=, Blood Angels.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich on Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:17 am

Alfred,
Remember that WW2 pre-dates the establishment of Pakistan as a sovereign nation. Before 1947, India had a very large Muslim population. The conflicts between Muslim and Hindi were so intense, it was the primary reason why Pakistan was created by the British Empire.

The area known as Pakistan included west Punjab.. In the FOW book, it refers to "allah ackbar" as a Punjabi war cry, which entirely possible.

Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2623
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart on Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:19 am

BTW JC Indians are from, well India. Not Native Americans, at least not the ones in the FOW Afrika book. They are in the Afrika book because the British brought them over from India to do their fighting. I would bet they are prolly not Muslim, although there is a sizable population of Muslims in India. But don't get the two religions confused or you'll never here the end of it from an aggrieved Indian.

No offence, but schools are really doing a shitty job of teaching kids about the other parts of the world. It is almost as if no other countries exist other than the US, and whoever we currently have a beef with.
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2008-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart on Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:22 am

Ovich wrote:Alfred,
Remember that WW2 pre-dates the establishment of Pakistan as a sovereign nation. Before 1947, India had a very large Muslim population. The conflicts between Muslim and Hindi were so intense, it was the primary reason why Pakistan was created by the British Empire.

The area known as Pakistan included west Punjab.. In the FOW book, it refers to "allah ackbar" as a Punjabi war cry, which entirely possible.

Yep, you are right about that, but also not even to this day there is a sizable population of Muslims in India. I know several. I also know several Hindus. Don't ask them what they are either, cause if you guess wrong they will be highly insulted. Sad
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich on Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:19 am

I'm pretty sure J.C was aware that they're not Native Americans.

Actually a large amount of Indian Soldiers were of Muslim faith during WW2.

Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi on Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:28 am

Ovich wrote:Actually a large amount of Indian Soldiers were of Muslim faith during WW2.
This I did not know. I knew there was a large population of Muslims in India (and that region), but I guess I never thought what the religious makeup of their armed forces would be.
study
Thanks Mr. History! (not sarcastic)
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 999

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich on Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:38 am

With Wikipedia handy, we're all geniuses.

Trust me, I don't strive to be Cliff Claven from Cheers.

Lord of Chaos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart on Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:45 am

[quote="Ovich"]I'm pretty sure J.C was aware that they're not Native Americans.
quote]

You are right, my bad. That "Alalalala" thing made me think of Native Americans even if it's that thing Middle Eastern women do. Sorry JC. But I still think schools suck at teaching world geography.
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt on Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:32 pm

[quote="Grombart"]
Ovich wrote:I'm pretty sure J.C was aware that they're not Native Americans.
quote]

You are right, my bad. That "Alalalala" thing made me think of Native Americans even if it's that thing Middle Eastern women do. Sorry JC. But I still think schools suck at teaching world geography.

Lol,yea,I know they're not North American Indians.I do agree with you about the world geography thing.Luckily though, world geography and history are my favorite subjects. Very Happy
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young on Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:44 pm

Man, and i was getting exited ! i was thinkign how i could get some Indian allies and have Sioux indians shooting arrows at the Germans ! they could ride with my Cozzaks !!

"I don't give a goddamn flying hawkman fuck what anyone says - THIS is the greatest fuckin' finale to a film ever. A legion of hairy winged super badasses attacking an art deco rocketship belonging to the evil ruler of the universe, a goddamn football player hijacking said rocketship and crashing it into a fuckin' emperor's palace on his goddamn fuckin' wedding day, saving the Earth with seconds to spare. With extra POWERRRRCHORDS for good fuckin' measure.

Flash Gordon. Fuck Yeah. "
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:32 pm

Well, I vote for the Indian army JC (to keep it on subject). It would a unique army and bring a nice change of pace for the playing field.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:42 pm

What color would you paint the turbans?

Lord of Chaos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt on Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:03 pm

Ovich wrote:What color would you paint the turbans?

white or bleached bone.Perhaps I'll include some Gurkhas as well just for variety.Hmmm...So if I do start Indians It'd be in blocks.First 600 then 1000 and finally 1500.That way I can paint everything before moving on.Btw,It'd be nice if someone could scan the British rifle company,British divisional support,and indian pages for me Rolling Eyes Can that be sent through a pm or as a pdf?
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt on Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:06 pm

Oh and the british weapons.For that matter,can someone just lend me the Afrika book so I can scan the pages? Am I being too cheap?
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down