Folgore Ambush of Motorized British at Bir Hacheim

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Folgore Ambush of Motorized British at Bir Hacheim

Post by Ovich on Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:50 am

Attempting to destroy motorized elements of the retreating British Eighth Army, the Folgore were tasked with ambushing an English column on a main road, capturing vital fuel tankers to be used for the Panzer platoons fighting farther south.

After watching the column slowly move by, the Italian commander waited for the biggest threat to come into view, a trio of Shermans that would reek havok on the lightly armed paratroopers. 90 mil Lancias opened up the ambush and blew 1 sherman sky high, punching holes in the other 2 tanks and making the crew bail out. Not wanting to be sitting ducks, the tank crews pack up their shit and high tailed it out of the field of battle.

Responding quicky to the explosion, a platoon of universals and grants doubled back on the line , and swept out to confront the threat. Spotting enemy artillery, they opened fire, destoying 2 italian big guns in the opening turn of the battle. British artillery moving up the line unfortunatley had to spend their time unlimbering their guns and could not fire a barrage. Air support was called in to blast open the Lancia's but were chased off by Italian Machis that were circling the area, waiting for orders. This would turn into a dog fight.

Italian reinforcements began to trickle in to help the vanguard elements. A full platoon of paratroops swept in from the west to support the artillery and managed to flank the universals that had come a bit to close for comfort. After an artillery barage pinned the universals down, the infantry assaulted and made the half tracks flee. The lancia's managed to knock out a brittish artillery gun, and a machine gun carrier on the east field of battle. In the skies, the Macchis and Hurricanes continued to duel things out.

As more elements of the convoy began to see what was happening , the italians found themselves in a bit of trouble. If reserves did not make it to the battle quickly, the paratroopers would be overwhelmed by the sheer firepower of the British forces. 2 Grants moved forward to engage with an italian MG platoon advancing up the center of the Brittish line. Despite hiding behind some low walls, they were shredded by machine gun fire. The other Grant continued to fire at the Facist artillery but to no avail. The pinned down universals manged to destroy 3 of the newly arrived folgore.

But now more folgore would arrive in the center of the italian line, beginning their dangerous move up the center of the map, hoping to find cover among the buildings and walls of the small village there. Demolishers also moved to the center of the map to confront the enemy armour that had moved it's way in. Assaulting a grant, the tank was easy pickings for the elite engineers of the Guastatori .

In the end, it came down to a bloody infantry fight with close quaters fighting amongst the low walls and fences of the libyan village. The ferocity of the British charge startled the italians who made a tactical retreat from the village to regroup. After regrouping, the italians managed to form their own charge with the remnants of the Demolisher squad which had been decimated by previous HMG fire. After pinning the enemy with SMG fire, the italians charged and wiped out the Britts.

With their momentum carrying them forward, the paratroopers charged forward into the ususpecting British Company Command. The Commander and his staff were shown no mercy, and suffered a nasty demise on the end of italian bayonets.

Seeing their command team destroyed, and armour decimated, the remnants of the British force beat a hasty retreat down the road, allowing the victorious Folgore to claim the prize of Petrol !!

Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2623
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Folgore Ambush of Motorized British at Bir Hacheim

Post by luis the young on Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:00 am

lol, nicely done stefan ! poor eric had a bad day yesterday ! That was a good read bud, one of this days your italians gonna have to face my cannibal peasant army, they havent tried italian yet.

"I don't give a goddamn flying hawkman fuck what anyone says - THIS is the greatest fuckin' finale to a film ever. A legion of hairy winged super badasses attacking an art deco rocketship belonging to the evil ruler of the universe, a goddamn football player hijacking said rocketship and crashing it into a fuckin' emperor's palace on his goddamn fuckin' wedding day, saving the Earth with seconds to spare. With extra POWERRRRCHORDS for good fuckin' measure.

Flash Gordon. Fuck Yeah. "
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich on Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:52 pm

Bring it on, Comrade !!!

Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane on Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:18 pm

Its tough playing against Jigaboo Jones! Twice in one day!
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich on Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:44 am

Well,
Also Erik, let's not forget that you had a disadvantage in that scenario in that I basically got to destroy your best armour unit in the first turn.

If it had been the other way around, you would have unloaded on my Lancias and I would have little anti tank for the rest of the game.

Lord of Chaos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane on Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:56 am

It was challenging. But Luis was rolling amazaing too. He his my dug in machine gun teams twice and I failed my saves then he rolled double six's for his firepower checks. Talk about a good roll. The fire power check was a 6.
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young on Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:27 am

Papa Stalin spirit was looking out for me.

"I don't give a goddamn flying hawkman fuck what anyone says - THIS is the greatest fuckin' finale to a film ever. A legion of hairy winged super badasses attacking an art deco rocketship belonging to the evil ruler of the universe, a goddamn football player hijacking said rocketship and crashing it into a fuckin' emperor's palace on his goddamn fuckin' wedding day, saving the Earth with seconds to spare. With extra POWERRRRCHORDS for good fuckin' measure.

luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich on Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:13 am

They should make the Britts better in this game. Even though they have the bulldog rule, they don't really have anything to represent the pure tenacity of the country that had fought from the beginning to the end of the war.

Britts in this game seem a little lackluster. They don't have the power of the Germans, the cheapness of the Russians, or the cool special rules and technology of the Americans.

They deserve better.

Lord of Chaos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young on Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:24 am

The bulldog rule is HUGE man, only the russians get to rerroll failed motivation tests twice, and i have to loose a stand to do it ! Brits just roll and get it.

luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:04 pm

Jesus Eric, thats twice Stephan beat you. Looks like Il Duces forces have again begun to drive into Jordan. Our campaign continues. I need to get in on the action when I get back. My Bersaglieri need to spill English blood again.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3599
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

View user profile http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane on Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:52 pm

I'm taking it easy on Stephan. I don't want to hammer him then he might not want to ever play again! bom
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top