Paracadutisti Hold of Mobilized Britts at El- Alamien

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Paracadutisti Hold of Mobilized Britts at El- Alamien

Post by Ovich on Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:59 pm

A company of Folgore routed the Dessert Rats in a fierce battle on the so called "weak end" of the axis defenses at El Alamien.

The battle started off fiercely with British recon units bursting out of cover and raking the Italian line with Machine guns and tank fire. But the Italian paratroopers were too well dug in and took few casualties. Lancia 90's managed to blow a hole through one of the Grants moving for cover in the center of the British line. In a bold move Italian infantry charged from their holes, outflanking the universal carriers of the British, and finished them off in close assault. Folgore pioneers burst forth from cover as well and bathed another unit of Recon Halftracks in flammable liquid. The ensuing assault was not pretty.

The Demolishers however found themselves hard pressed for cover and in the ensuing minutes they died to a man, mowed down by heavy machine gun fire. The Italians were having problems now, their left flank was about to crumble due to a platoon of Crusaders moving up the left side. With virtually no anti tank units on the flank, the vulnerable artillery would be destroyed and the objective taken.

There were problems on the right flank as well, as the remaining 2 grants isolated and destroyed both 90 guns in revenge for their lost brethren. The determining factor came when the grants assaulted a paratrooper platoon that was at half strength protecting the objective. It was here that the Folgore were to teach the Desert Rats the meaning of tenacity. Standing firm in the face of the heavy metal rolling over them, the Paratroopers climbed over the tanks and threw a grenade into an open cuppola. After one tank was destroyed, the other fled, knowing that it too would be blown up short after.

With a roar of "Folgore !!" Paratroopers from the center line charge a group of pinned down Brit infantry and destroyed their counterparts to a man. With their momentum behind them, the squad continued to charge forward into a very surprised British Company Commander, who was ripped to pieces in a hail of bullets.

Seeing most of their force dead or fleeing, the Crusaders chose to fight another day and drove off, leaving the remaining British artillery and infantry as prisoners of war.

Viva Italia !!!!

Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2623
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Paracadutisti Hold of Mobilized Britts at El- Alamien

Post by Hurricane on Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:50 pm

Great write up except the first sentence where you put "routed". It was far from a route and looked very much like a win for me. Until my CiC took a bullet in the head. I won't make that mistake again. OH, and thank Bill for pointing out that other bren carrier so that I would be forced to take a Company morale check with no CiC!
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich on Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:59 pm

Well... I meant a rout as in a chaotic and disorderly retreat or withdrawal of troops from a battlefield, resulting in the victory of the opposing party, or following defeat, a collapse of discipline, or poor morale.

Which is what happened to your troops when the Command was blown away.

But all joking aside. It was a very close game and quite exciting. I'm still learning, so , I'm sure if you wanted to beat my ass, it wouldn't have been a problem.

I guess I'll find out when I come to the next FOW tourney.

Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2623
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane on Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:48 am

It was alot of fun. That's one of the things I like about this game. One minute you think the game is over and you are winning the next you minute you lose or vice versa of course.
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:10 am

Hurricane wrote:It was alot of fun. That's one of the things I like about this game. One minute you think the game is over and you are winning the next you minute you lose or vice versa of course.

Boy dont I know that.....

glad you guys were able to get a game in, i had my own battle to fight in the home front..losses were high, but at the end grand strategy and the promise of dinner this weekend won the day !

"I don't give a goddamn flying hawkman fuck what anyone says - THIS is the greatest fuckin' finale to a film ever. A legion of hairy winged super badasses attacking an art deco rocketship belonging to the evil ruler of the universe, a goddamn football player hijacking said rocketship and crashing it into a fuckin' emperor's palace on his goddamn fuckin' wedding day, saving the Earth with seconds to spare. With extra POWERRRRCHORDS for good fuckin' measure.

Flash Gordon. Fuck Yeah. "
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane on Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:15 pm

Hail to the King!
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi on Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:49 am

Great Battle report!

I'm thinking about shipping down my FOW figs so when I get back in town I can get a game or two in. I figured out the points to about 1300 or so for MW and about 1500 LW. I'd love to get some games in since I don't get too many up here and maybe some big battles too!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:01 pm

Hurricane wrote:Great write up except the first sentence where you put "routed". It was far from a route and looked very much like a win for me. Until my CiC took a bullet in the head. I won't make that mistake again. OH, and thank Bill for pointing out that other bren carrier so that I would be forced to take a Company morale check with no CiC!

Last time I checked I fight for Italy and Il Duce. I simply sent some of my experienced NCO's to support our Paratroopers.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3599
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

View user profile http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top