New player looking to maybe get an army

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New player looking to maybe get an army

Post by Jhigga15 on Fri May 24, 2013 6:37 am

Hello everyone,
I am thinking about getting an army. I have the rule book (but I look at the pictures) Here are a few questions...
1. I have never played so what is a good army to start with?
2. What armies are not common around here? I would like to have something a bit different...
3. What will I need to play? Is there a place where I can get army profiles with out buying the 50 dollar books? Do I need to get a army builder program. I really don't want to get caught in the GW money trap...
Jhigga15
Neophyte

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New player looking to maybe get an army

Post by ShadowMaster on Fri May 24, 2013 10:52 am

Fantasy Battles pretty much died. There are a few players, but no regular groups and no events.

I also don't see it coming back. GW is on the slow death role. Their business model is broken.

Your best bet is to play WarMachine/Hordes. Probably Hordes if you want a more fantasy theme. The rules are much better (play tested). They have better support (you can get an official answer to questions online). They have a better business model (all armies are current and get regular updates each release).

There are regular groups at Sunshine, PPF, and AGS - plus a big tourney scene all over the state.

ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhigga15 on Fri May 24, 2013 3:41 pm

Thanks for the heads up, I will look into it... Glad I don't have to spend my life savings on a game no one plays!!!
JM
Jhigga15
Neophyte

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top