Sherman Jumbo

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sherman Jumbo

Post by rokassan on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:43 am

Fucking tank has a 12 front armor. Thats nasty.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3599
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

View user profile http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sherman Jumbo

Post by Warbird on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:06 am

My reaction to the new U.S. Armor as a German player

Warbird
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 231
Armies : FOW: US Paras (Late War) WOTR: Elves
Registration date : 2009-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:58 pm

what the frack ..

"I don't give a goddamn flying hawkman fuck what anyone says - THIS is the greatest fuckin' finale to a film ever. A legion of hairy winged super badasses attacking an art deco rocketship belonging to the evil ruler of the universe, a goddamn football player hijacking said rocketship and crashing it into a fuckin' emperor's palace on his goddamn fuckin' wedding day, saving the Earth with seconds to spare. With extra POWERRRRCHORDS for good fuckin' measure.

Flash Gordon. Fuck Yeah. "
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:35 pm

Bought time Americans got something cool
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:14 pm

Yall shoudl go and download World of Tanks. Awsone free online game

"I don't give a goddamn flying hawkman fuck what anyone says - THIS is the greatest fuckin' finale to a film ever. A legion of hairy winged super badasses attacking an art deco rocketship belonging to the evil ruler of the universe, a goddamn football player hijacking said rocketship and crashing it into a fuckin' emperor's palace on his goddamn fuckin' wedding day, saving the Earth with seconds to spare. With extra POWERRRRCHORDS for good fuckin' measure.

Flash Gordon. Fuck Yeah. "
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warbird on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:41 pm

World of Tanks is pretty good. But I'd rather spend hours painting my tanks then get upset at rules changes.

Warbird
Aspiring Champion

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AshDOG on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:05 pm

I play World of Tanks, my callsign is Rizim.

And I'm really looking foward to the new American Hardware. Very Happy
AshDOG
Neophyte

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-10-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:29 pm

Armor 12? The points cost is going to be ridiculously prohibitive.
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:58 pm

Taking a look at the easy eight , that sucker is awesome. AT 13 and no stabiliser penalty if you moved less than 6 inches? Yes please. 14 inch move on roads and cross country? Yes please. I'm itching to take a look at the new book to see what type of awesomeness I can make with it.
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warbird on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:58 pm

Also standard shermans went down in price. I'm thinking it may be time to expand on the half a U.S. army I have sitting in boxes

Warbird
Aspiring Champion

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:06 pm

So this tank had better armor than a Tiger? How come I've never read accounts of the Jumbo going head to head with Tigers and Panthers? 12 front armor is almost as good as a King Tiger. An 88 can't hurt it. Seems like a gross over exaggeration.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:18 pm

Well from what read the fucker had over 4 inches of extra armor welded to it. It was highly prized by American tankers and commanders. It just funny I've never heard accounts of this tank standing up to Panthers and Tigers.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Panthers and tigers were more rare than you'd expect on the western front. We've probably played more games with tigers in them than actual encounters in with them in the conflict.
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:27 pm

I know only around 1400 Tigers were ever produced. Panthers were not that rare. Actually more were allocated to the West that East. Again though, how did the Jumbo stand up to the Pak 43 and Panthers high velocity 75mm gun?

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:37 pm

rokassan wrote:So this tank had better armor than a Tiger? How come I've never read accounts of the Jumbo going head to head with Tigers and Panthers? 12 front armor is almost as good as a King Tiger. An 88 can't hurt it. Seems like a gross over exaggeration.

The Tigers became legendary because of how long they were in service and because of all the lighter tanks they faced for so long. The Jumbo shermans were not available in larger quantities and didn't really get out there till late in the war with many being simply convesions of regular M4's. Tigers were in dwindling availability near the end of the war due to all the Allied bombings which had decimated much of the tank production for the germans.

And from what I recall the Jumbos still did not have the overall protection that the Tigers had, which had strong armor all around while the Jumbos were focused on the front as an assault tank.
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top