7 Wonders and Takenoko

View previous topic View next topic Go down

7 Wonders and Takenoko

Post by KingdomCome on Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:21 pm

I picked up 7 Wonders and Takenoko this past weekend to play with my wife, sister, and Bro-in law. If you haven't played it yet, 7 Wonders is a ton of fun. It's got a Dominion feel, but you're trying to build a civilization instead of a deck. Its lived up to the hype I've been hearing about it.
It's very fast, fun, and challenging enough to keep our groups interest and we're currently hooked.
Check it out: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/68448/7-wonders.

Takenoko is flat out one of the cutest themes I've seen on a board game. Everybody plays the role of a bamboo farm care taker that also has to maintain a panda. There are 3 objectives to choose from in the game with multiple cards for each objective. There are land, bamboo growing, and panda eating bamboo objectives. That's not what they are called, I'm just trying to keep it simple. Once an objective is complete you earn the points for the objectives on your card. the player with the most points wins. It's a simple enough game with funny quirks and the ability to mess with your opponent if you figure out what they're trying to do.
Check it out: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/70919/takenoko
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 7 Wonders and Takenoko

Post by Vycem on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:49 pm

Soooo....a game where you get to pretend to be a bamboo farmer. Stirring. That's exactly what I fantasize while I'm at work. Nothing like going home and getting some farmin' done. Yup. Not wussy at all.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:41 am

7 Wonders is good, but gets so much better if you use the Leaders expansion.
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top