GW to open in Sunrise

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GW to open in Sunrise

Post by ShadowMaster on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:53 am

http://www.facebook.com/GWGatewayAtSawgrass

Confirmed the SoFla GW store rumors - appaerntly they consider all of South Florida "Miami", but the new location is actually planned for Sunrise over by the IKEA on 595 and 136th Ave.

Last edited by ShadowMaster on Thu May 24, 2012 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GW to open in Sunrise

Post by Kyle on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:11 am

Can't wait to see this train wreck.
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:31 am

I guess Joel will start charging to play again. It might do ok in sunrise. Anything in dade and I would have given it 6 months until it flopped.
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:16 pm

What if their stuff was all in Spanish?

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3599
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

View user profile http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:29 pm

I don't see how Sunrise is a magic place of success. IKEA does bring in massive people though so they will get some good drive buy exposure from the anchor next door.

I'll go buy for official events if they have them. Don't need to buy anything.
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:06 pm

It's an odd location, pehaps they wanted something between two of the stores selling the most GW product?
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:33 pm

no idea - I think it is scheduled for June
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:16 pm

only good thing about the GW store will be having access to purchase "event" only merchandise.

I would have loved to have gotten my hands on some of the 25th anniversary stuff this past weekend. The crimson fists poster and that anniversary eagle pin are sweet.

Dan
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2009-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:03 pm

Do they usually carry FW stuff in GW stores?
Kyle
Chaos God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:28 pm

Kyle wrote:Do they usually carry FW stuff in GW stores?
From my understanding, no. But you do raise an interesting point. That would make it worth a visit or two to the store.
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:41 pm

I think only battle bunkers stock FW, but maybe they can get it without shipping costs?

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:45 pm

Yea thought they did the whole FW thing without shipping at GW stores, but that might have been the bunkers? Only real nice thing about a GW store would be for skippin the shipping on FW things
Kyle
Chaos God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt on Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:24 am

ok i think i can answer some of these as i was getting trained to work at a GW a few months ago but due to not find cheap housing i had to pull out.

Forge World- some of the books are on hand in stores, they can and will order stuff for you, you will have to pay up front. Upside is not shipping, it takes about a week, also if there is any issue with sad product, the GW Store will replace it or order you a new one, depending on the Store. But this has to be done in store. I know this is true for all battle bunkers.

Events- Outside of tournaments, very month there are events held. If a GW is in the area they are normally the only place in the area will round ard boyz and the like. All events are free outside of i think one or too. They also follow stuff very close to the Throne of Skulls

Tournaments- they jump but are normally kept in line with Throne of Skulls when it comes to ruling.

Other Company models- This is an odd one, where i was getting trained for they dont mind if there is no model for the it or if its a monster/hero. Some will ask you in a polite way not to use it again. They do have issues with folks showing up with a mantic army mostly due to it being a GW store.

the fully painted army myth: you dont have to have a full painted army to play there, they will strongly suggest for you to have one. But they can not force you to do anything, unless this is a tournament where they have a 30point painting score, again keeping in like with Throne of Skulls. Ard boyz thou is different as it states in the ard boyz rules that you dont need to have shit painted.

Product-if they dont have in they can get it in with in a week, two tops. I knew this to be true before finecast.

Only "Warhammer World" in england has Forge World in stock at all times, this is due into part that FW is like the next building over.

I think the whole spanish issue is the reason why one did not open up, also miami is bad for retail over all. Free parking is an issue done here.

Well i hope this helps.

Last edited by Dice_Runt on Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-12-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt on Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:26 am

mind you i was going to be working at one in california not the one here, due to school, location being unknown and me not driving i did not try and get at this store
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:32 pm

I moved to Southern Cali recently where there is a Bunker and 2 GW stores, and very little in the independent scene.

GW store employees are trained at another store for formal brainwashing. Also, they do not stock FW. Not even the bunkers stock FW, just books maybe. The do received material for you without the shipping cost and call you when it arrives (bunkers that is). Stores have all plastics and fine cast in stock but not metal models. And usually from the 8 stores I've seen around the nation, they have three 4x6 tables, one of which is permanently booked for display and/or LOTR only. They can't even handle the idea of moving the product so you can play a game with the crap you bought there. Most stores have a fan page on Facebook where you can sign up for games. I however have had little luck in finding opponents. People play with their friends mostly here. Open gaming like at Joel's wednesday night is a disgrace in a GW store. They do cater more to new players and help them paint their armies and are fine rules judges but total yes men about selling product.

I was at store yesterday and someone asked about used models and the guy almost bust a nut, no talk of that or ebay.

Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 465
Armies : Guard, Sisers, =][=, Blood Angels.
Registration date : 2008-02-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt on Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:31 am

yea when i was playing my chaos at gw i got an employee pissed because a lot of the new people think i am using alt company models when in fact they old school gw models.
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aosol on Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:47 am

Well, the store will incredibly close for comfort seeing how it will only be 2.1 miles away.

Last edited by aosol on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
aosol
Traitor Captain

Number of posts : 256
Armies : Legion of Ever-blahhhh
Registration date : 2011-01-27

View user profile http://www.dakkadakka.com/core/gallery-search.jsp?dq=aosol

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:52 am

heh heh, we should all pitch in a dollar and place our bets as to month and day of when the GW store will close. Smile
Dan
Traitor Captain

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aosol on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:00 pm

My dollar won't be in that hat seeing how a buddy of mine Louie is going to be running it. Says it will be open April/May.
aosol
Traitor Captain

Number of posts : 256
Armies : Legion of Ever-blahhhh
Registration date : 2011-01-27

View user profile http://www.dakkadakka.com/core/gallery-search.jsp?dq=aosol

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:49 pm

aosol wrote:My dollar won't be in that hat seeing how a buddy of mine Louie is going to be running it. Says it will be open April/May.

no shit....
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:29 am

Well if they can get FW to me with no shipping, it might be worth a visit once in a blue moon... otherwise not sure I would go there.
Kyle
Chaos God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:41 am

i am planning on using for paint but i get most of my stuff now thru the war store
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:42 pm

Dan wrote:heh heh, we should all pitch in a dollar and place our bets as to month and day of when the GW store will close. Smile

i think they will do fine, they have been talking about this for years now
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:28 am

anybody have any idea when this store is opening?
Dan
Traitor Captain

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster on Sat May 12, 2012 9:00 pm

New (3rd) opening date is now June 2nd (we will see if that holds)....... but I'm not really sure it matters.

I learned some disappointing news regading this (and most) GW stores.

There will be NO EVENTS or tournements held at the store. They don't have the space. They have one table setup for demo games. It is purely retail. No discounts, so stick with Joel (discounts) or Tate who also provide play space. It's a one employee deal open 36 hours per week. Another GW epic fail unfolds before our very eyes.
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top