Difference in mind persona of FOW players

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Difference in mind persona of FOW players

Post by Grombart on Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:22 pm

Dude if Iran opened up I now, I would bet Bush would still attack. Not to mention they just caught some Mexican police torturing people, and right behind them was an American 'contractor' teaching them how to do it. Sad

Are we now the bad guys?
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2008-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:16 pm

Who...the good old USA? No way we're always right. Rolling Eyes

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3599
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

View user profile http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt on Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:40 pm

Of course we're always 100% right (patriotic music starts playing).
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans
Registration date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:00 pm

Everyone should live like us and have the same type of government and suck our asses cus were the best. We goota save the world from its self...but screw our own citizens. $4 a gallon for gas...just adjust to it and stop crying...pussies. Lets kick the Talibans ass...I think their hiding in...who has oil we can invade?

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt on Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:05 pm

Rokassan wrote:Everyone should live like us and have the same type of government and suck our asses cus were the best. We goota save the world from its self...but screw our own citizens. $4 a gallon for gas...just adjust to it and stop crying...pussies. Lets kick the Talibans ass...I think their hiding in...who has oil we can invade?

I'm pretty sure Iran has lots of oil*cough* I mean terrorists, or maybe both.Let's take 'em down!
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich on Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:23 pm

Anyone else see the eerie comparison between the U. S. and the roman empire? True we don't occupy other nations...... oh wait a second .. scratch that. We don't force taxes from other nations, but the whole being overrun by barbarians sounds likely. Except in this case, it'll be terrorists and islamic fundamentalists instead of Visigoths and Ostrogoths.

Actually , I see the U.S. becoming eventually similar to Britain. You know, still a very powerful country but no longer one of the heavy hitters like China's gonna be.

Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2623
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt on Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:26 pm

It's all about the cycle of Nations. What goes up,must eventually come down.
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich on Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:27 pm

Yup.. and pretty soon we're all gonna be speaking chinese.

Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2623
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young on Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:30 pm

We just need a president that knows his left from right. America needs to concentrate a bit more on stabilizing itself and stop helping the world and messing arround in other countries, we are trying to "fix" Iraq and in the meantime our country is falling appart. The situation in the middle east will NEVER be fixed, those people have been killing each other since the times of Mohamed, you cant reason with religious fanatics, they only understand one way, their way and and their way.
I say pull out of that mess that is soakign up billions of dollars a month, we are never gonna be able to stabilize that area unless we bomb them to the stone age.

"I don't give a goddamn flying hawkman fuck what anyone says - THIS is the greatest fuckin' finale to a film ever. A legion of hairy winged super badasses attacking an art deco rocketship belonging to the evil ruler of the universe, a goddamn football player hijacking said rocketship and crashing it into a fuckin' emperor's palace on his goddamn fuckin' wedding day, saving the Earth with seconds to spare. With extra POWERRRRCHORDS for good fuckin' measure.

Flash Gordon. Fuck Yeah. "
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt on Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:36 pm

luis the young wrote:...unless we bomb them to the stone age.

Sounds like a plan. Laughing
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart on Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:31 pm

luis the young wrote: The situation in the middle east will NEVER be fixed, those people have been killing each other since the times of Mohamed, you cant reason with religious fanatics, they only understand one way, their way and and their way.

Dude they've been killing each other for almost 10,000 years over there.
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb on Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:29 pm

Getting back on topic, I was just informed this weekend that a potential player (someone who was thinking about getting into FOW), watch a game and when he saw some bad sportsmanship, he decided not to join.
I believe it was one of the dice throwing incidents.

JerryB
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart on Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:09 pm

You mean there was an incident worse than the ones that happen for 40K??? Ok right.
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 on Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:05 pm

jerryb wrote:Getting back on topic, I was just informed this weekend that a potential player (someone who was thinking about getting into FOW), watch a game and when he saw some bad sportsmanship, he decided not to join.
I believe it was one of the dice throwing incidents.

JerryB

So who threw em?????

Billlllllllllllllllllllll?
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 436
Armies : Thousand Sons, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2008-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:18 pm

Nope I dont throw dice at the store. People throw dice in every game. It has nothing to do with Flames of War. Tell that person to get over themselves and that we're better off without their selfrightious ass.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 on Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:00 pm

Rokassan wrote:Nope I dont throw dice at the store. People throw dice in every game. It has nothing to do with Flames of War. Tell that person to get over themselves and that we're better off without their selfrightious ass.

In the heat of the moment in frustration, shit happens....Did this guy expect someone to kiss his ass and wipe his but with a wet nap?
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 436
Armies : Thousand Sons, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2008-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:59 pm

He is a regular 40K player, so, yes I was somewhat surprised that dice throwing put him off.

As to who threw is really not important, most likely it was me or Dave. I have only done it once. What I do often is punch the table after I have roll nothing but 1,2,3's all day (I have witnesses that can prove this is true). I seen Dave roll with even worst results.

I have said it before "No one can win if you do not roll above a 3". Well unless you are cheesy German's.

JerryB
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:13 pm

Rokassan wrote:Nope I dont throw dice at the store. People throw dice in every game. It has nothing to do with Flames of War. Tell that person to get over themselves and that we're better off without their selfrightious ass.

I mean sportsmanship may not be the best amongst FOW players, but it is way worse with 40K. At least most of our rants happen when we roll bad. In 40k it's when we roll bad, when the other guy makes a comment, with the other guys 'cheesy' list, etc...To be put off for throwing dice seems to be a weak excuse.
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:17 pm

Everybody gets pissed when things dont go our way, or they go horribly wrong and there is not a damn thing you can do about it, the way we act when we get mad is what takes it over the top.

"I don't give a goddamn flying hawkman fuck what anyone says - THIS is the greatest fuckin' finale to a film ever. A legion of hairy winged super badasses attacking an art deco rocketship belonging to the evil ruler of the universe, a goddamn football player hijacking said rocketship and crashing it into a fuckin' emperor's palace on his goddamn fuckin' wedding day, saving the Earth with seconds to spare. With extra POWERRRRCHORDS for good fuckin' measure.

Flash Gordon. Fuck Yeah. "
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top