Facebook page

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Facebook page

Post by Sam on Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:55 pm

jspyd3rx wrote:Just ask John

It's a trap!

We all know if you ask John anything, hes going to talk to you for about 45 mins, about a game you dont play. All kidding aside why is the fb group so much better?
Sam
Recruit

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-09-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:46 pm

Ill just be honest, I think its a control thing. I cant see the point otherwise. Not everyone uses Facebook and its locked and private, so you cant even browse the site to get a feel. You either join or you dont know whats going on. Doesnt make sense.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3599
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

View user profile http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem on Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:24 am

Why isn't there a general Sunshine store FB page to promote ALL events? Seriously, if Joel is so worried about GW getting into his turf, he should seriously consider promoting more.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx on Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:31 am

Joel isn't that saVy
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:44 am

jspyd3rx wrote:Joel is that cheap.

There you go Jose. Fixed your quote. I know that's what you meant.
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:27 pm

Cesar, its CHEAP and too LAZY to put in the effort. If he put in just 50% effort he'd do very very well. He just doesnt care. There are so many ways to promote his business. Facebook,Ebay...better interpersonal skills. People stop buying from him because he treats his customers with indifference and worse. Yet he survives, imagine a motivated people friendly Joel. He'd be much happier.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan on Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:45 am

is there a way to log on to Facebook WITHOUT all my facebook friends knowing that I have logged on??
Dan
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2009-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mk2 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:37 am

Here is the Januray tournament info (I also posted it in the 40K section)

OK so here we go with a mega battle update.........

January 21 2012

2000 pts per player with a standard force organization. I am allowing LIMITED forge world stuff. so here it goes.... no superheavies, structure point creatures, or things that have ordinance templates bigger than the GW pie plate. Also, If you are to play a specific rule set, you must have the EXACT model and a hard copy of the rules for that specific model... If there is a character/unit Profile that does not have a specific model, then you also wont be able to use that either just because no one will know what it is. other than what I stated above,, all else is viable.
The breakdown will be imperial forces versus Xenos forces.... If there is an imbalance with the sides the neutral xenos players will be shifted to the inperial side... (such as Tau, craftworld eldar) if there is an imbalance that favors the imperials, I will bring an extra 2 xenos armies,, my nids and my orks whick will be up to 4k points if necesary.

prizes are listed below

WINNING SIDE= 300+ worth of store credit dispersed between team members.

DEADLIEST WARRIOR= this is a unique prize that goes to the player that accumulates the most kill points from the opposing side. there is only one prize given out so the best overall player gets it, the tournament MVP in other words. the prize is a REAL 56" steel highlander sword that will be handed the the MVP on the spot, so make some trunk space and dont get pulled over on the way home.

Tournament starts at 12 (noon) and plan on ending around 7-8 pm. lunch break will be at 3pm. 10$ PRE SIGN UP, 12$ AT THE DOOR

the tournament will be based on 5 control markers on the board. the team with the most scoring units on that specific objective will control that objective. Also, the team that controls a certain objective will have access to that objectives specific orbital bombardment/defensive system/teleportation device for every round that they control that objective.

mk2
Neophyte

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2011-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:38 pm

What is the facebook page?
Carlos
Traitor Guardsman

Male
Number of posts : 113
Armies : Blood Angels and Wood Elves
Registration date : 2010-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt on Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:38 am

rokassan wrote:Cesar, its CHEAP and too LAZY to put in the effort. If he put in just 50% effort he'd do very very well. He just doesnt care. There are so many ways to promote his business. Facebook,Ebay...better interpersonal skills. People stop buying from him because he treats his customers with indifference and worse. Yet he survives, imagine a motivated people friendly Joel. He'd be much happier.

With a games workshop opening he is going to have to. If i am not mistaking it might be a battlebunker. I know i will more than likely chill their instead
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-12-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:14 am

Wait there's a games-workshop opening down here in South Florida?
Carlos
Traitor Guardsman

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:16 am

Where is one opening?
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem on Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:01 pm

Oh geez, rumor mill starting to churn.

Couple of months ago Joel got a call from GW that they were planning to open a GW store here in Miami, but that they were still scouting an exact location.

Couple of weeks ago they told him that they were looking at maybe opening a bit further north.

So it's all up in the air.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:24 pm

That being said, what is the facebook page that everyone moved to?
Carlos
Traitor Guardsman

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:01 pm

They'll go under. Half the idiots in South Florida cant speak English let alone read it. Their too busy committing fraud and making South Florida a better place.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:07 pm

Yep, opening a store in Miami. Saw the job posting on their site. Looks like they are looking to open a one man operation.
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:14 pm

Who's gonna go to that store and pay full price for items? Youd be stupid to do that.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:32 pm

rokassan wrote:Who's gonna go to that store and pay full price for items? Youd be stupid to do that.

They don't have to deal with Joel
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:54 am

i buy mostly the war store.
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:16 pm

Kyle wrote:
rokassan wrote:Who's gonna go to that store and pay full price for items? Youd be stupid to do that.

For 20% discount Id deal with Joel and then play somewhere else.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:30 pm

rokassan wrote:
Kyle wrote:

Or order online for 20-25% discount, free shipping, not having to deal with Joel, and playing elsewhere too!
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mk2 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:22 pm

Joel is not charging to play at the tables anymore
mk2
Neophyte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:37 pm

rokassan wrote:
Kyle wrote:

I will solely for GW paint...i personally dislike most other company paints out side of coat of arms...but i am not ordering from england once a month so fuck it. I most have my brother pick me up what i need from Tates when ever i need paint. Discount is not the only reason why folks shop at locations, a lot has to do with customer relations and atmosphere. I know atlest 5 folks that dont go there solely for that reason.

I get a 20%, and no taxes, plus no Joel viva The War Store. found out with last order i can get paints as well. I will more than likely will be playing at the GW instead of going there. One reason i will not be pulled from my game to sell a product for him. That shit i fucking hate, it throws me off. I have played more games out of peoples houses and other locations than sunshine and enjoyed them more. I liked that dragon because i was able to have a beer or two while i played.

Also he said it himself he is doing that whole no pay in hopes of combating GW. It will more than likely close with in a year to two depending on how much money the company pushes thru his story.
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mk2 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:32 pm

whats gonna close in a year or two?
mk2
Neophyte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:31 am

mk2 wrote:Joel is not charging to play at the tables anymore
This is because Joel fears....

That....
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next