Look at this great shit thats coming out for all periods and theaters.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Look at this great shit thats coming out for all periods and theaters.

Post by rokassan on Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:05 am

http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=2887

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3599
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

View user profile http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Look at this great shit thats coming out for all periods and theaters.

Post by Kyle on Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:55 am

More LW compilations meh. Give us new LW stuff, the Americans want new toys.
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:45 pm

Finnish stugs with log side skirts finally! I hope they fix some of the Lw Finnish lists.
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:15 pm

They are tweaking the lists.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by jhope on Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:50 pm

I'm looking forward to the Red Bear book. Just what I need for my son's Soviet army.

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 294
Armies : British, German & Soviet armies
Registration date : 2010-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:09 pm

Im liking all of it. They are bringing back the raiding missions. SAS, Arditi, LRDP. More companies for EW and MW North Africa. Im excited. They have some Greek companies you can field.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:35 pm

I cant wait for the 2 books (Grey Wolf and Red Bear). is it just me are they they hinting at a new edition next year?
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 285
Armies : Infinity: Pan Oceania
Registration date : 2008-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:08 pm

4+ gun team saves hopefully.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon on Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:06 pm

Armor saves are fine. They just need to get rid of the pre-measuring BS.

Yes I know Bill, they have range finders and stuff. It just gets annoying and slows down the game when you have people measuring all the time when they move to make sure they are out of range of your guns.
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLimey on Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:07 am

Unfortunately, that's coming from the tournament aspect.

Ideally, pre-measure, and then state 'These are meant to be out of range'. Then there's no mistaking the intention.
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 266
Armies : Games played: Starship Troopers, Epic...
Registration date : 2009-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:48 am

Abaddon wrote:Armor saves are fine. They just need to get rid of the pre-measuring BS.

Yes I know Bill, they have range finders and stuff. It just gets annoying and slows down the game when you have people measuring all the time when they move to make sure they are out of range of your guns.

Thats part of modern combat. Using the range of your weapons to take advantage. This isnt 40k where you paint you tanks pink and dont know the capabilities of your weapon systems.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich on Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:32 pm

BF guys talked about the gun team save issue on a pod cast. They said regular gun teams will not have their saves changed. Man packed gun teams were the issue in question. They don't think those will be changed either because

1. It will create another save for people to worry about and introduce into the rule system, which they don't like. You have 3+ saves and 5+ saves, they don't want to have to add another number

2. It will slow the game down. People will have more difficulty assaulting because they can't knock out gun teams as easily. Especially infantry. If you have to wait a couple turns now to knock out some machine guns before assaulting, if you improve the gun saves, it'll take you that much longer to knock those suckers out and the game will bog down.

Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2623
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:23 am

Well lets go out on a limb here and say the gun teams are mine. As they are gun teams are pretty much dead if they are hit. Borderline useless if they dont get off the first shot or arent dug in. A couple of guys with an MG42 arent that easy to kill. At least man packed should be 4+ being they are basically infantry carrying around a support weapon. I suppose a 155mm gun would be an easier target to hit and a 5+ save makes sense.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:39 am

I am up in the air about giving gun teams a better save.

But I still think that pre-measuring has go to. I mean even today guys in combat don't sit around and say " Hey I know the effective range of that gun is 200m so lets back up 3 feet and we are safe". It more like "oh crap!!! They are shotting at us, get cover!!!"
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:56 am

I think machine gun and mortar teams should at least a +4 cover save. As it stands now machine gun platoons are almost useless unless dug in.
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:34 pm

Abaddon wrote:I am up in the air about giving gun teams a better save.

But I still think that pre-measuring has go to. I mean even today guys in combat don't sit around and say " Hey I know the effective range of that gun is 200m so lets back up 3 feet and we are safe". It more like "oh crap!!! They are shotting at us, get cover!!!"

The measuring is abstract. That 2 inches is more like a hundred yards. "hey my 88mm guns is effective out to 2000 yards and that Sherman has to get within 900 to have a prayer. If the ranges were real all weapons other than pistols would have unlimited range on an 8x4 board. Get that fucking 40k shit outta your head.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:35 pm

Frantic wrote:I think machine gun and mortar teams should at least a +4 cover save. As it stands now machine gun platoons are almost useless unless dug in.

I agree. Man packed weapons are infantry teams carrying around a heavy weapon. They arent that easy to hit.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jhope on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:38 am

Man-packed weapons get concealment out it the open if they do not move, just the same as infantry. They can also move into rough terrain/buildings, etc. Regular gun teams can't. So man-packs they aren't as easy to hit.

Once they are hit though they get the same 5+ save because killing a team can be caused by destroying the equipment or men. I'm guessing that's what they were thinking, but I don't have a problem with them changing it. I'd like to see some clarifications that are on the net, be put in the book.

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 294
Armies : British, German & Soviet armies
Registration date : 2010-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich on Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:39 am

I don't think the real life aspect plays into the rules when we speak of man packed gun teams. I think it's a play tested balance issue. They don't want defensive armies just completely dominating by having heavier, more destructive weapons being hard to knock out. It slows the game down and makes it so that no one wants to assault.

An infantry team can have man packed machine guns and anti tank guns. If assaulted by either infantry or tanks, they can be dug in and well prepared to fend off any assault.

By being able to knock out some of those man packed gun teams, the chances of approaching, let alone assaulting is much more feasible.

Problem is, many armies have machine or anti tank gun man packed platoons that don't get the benefit of joining regular infantry. So they become much less valuable because they are easier to knock out by their respective weakness. A machine gun platoon gets knocked out by a tank platoon.... an anti tank gun platoon gets knocked out by an infantry platoon or heavy tank platoon. A clever general will try to minimize this vulnerability by keeping infantry and weapons platoons in close support of one another.

Overall, however, I agree with you guys, I think a man packed team should have a 4+ save to represent the maneuverability of light weapons, but the fact that they are still encumbered by having to lug around heavy equipment.

Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2623
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top