6th edition 40k

View previous topic View next topic Go down

6th edition 40k

Post by Carlos on Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:51 pm

Anyone have any substantial information regarding the new edition?

Rumors etc.
Carlos
Traitor Guardsman

Male
Number of posts : 113
Armies : Blood Angels and Wood Elves
Registration date : 2010-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 6th edition 40k

Post by KingdomCome on Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:10 pm

Nope. GW is keeping a tight lid on everything. The best I can tell you is enjoy the current edition. You never know what those nut bags have up their sleeves for the next rendition of space toy soldiers.
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt on Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:12 pm

when is it even coming out
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-12-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:14 am

Should be next summer
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt on Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:10 pm

umm...i hope its something like the do somethings like they did for WFB 8th, would be cool for the change up
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx on Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:41 pm

One change I do know about is that anything under a template gets full strength hits and not at half strength anymore. Also, assault moves before shooting.
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt on Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:02 pm

i like those changes...
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster on Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:25 pm

Dice_Runt wrote:umm...i hope its something like the do somethings like they did for WFB 8th, would be cool for the change up

Considering they fucked up 8th so much nobody wants to play it, you better hope they do not......
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt on Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:52 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:
Dice_Runt wrote:umm...i hope its something like the do somethings like they did for WFB 8th, would be cool for the change up

Considering they fucked up 8th so much nobody wants to play it, you better hope they do not......

lol
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:25 am

A massive change of rules is fine, but yea 8E was a debacle.

What they have to do like most other companies do, is redo and update all the armies at the same time as well.

GW's ridiculous release schedule basically causes patch work to be done on the game. And the armies don't properly updated and just these incremental updates.

When 8E came out, it would have been fine if all the armies were retooled to work properly in the new game.
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt on Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:02 am

we will see. Besides 8th is not the bad for those that wanted to adept
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:29 pm

That is one opinion Nate.

The fact is most players did try 8th. Tate's had a league going and we ran a few events a Sunshine. After the first few months, very few people still wanted to play it.

Some may have not wanted to spend money on new models to adjust their builds to the new rules. At today's prices, that is completely understandable. More resourceful folks like Luis and myself hit B-Town and made our adjustments with less impact to the wallet.

The end result is very few people who want to play. Attendance at Tate's 'Ard boyz was minimal for both rounds 1 and 2 (Sunshine didn't even host). Even 40k round 1 at Tate's was only 4 or 6 guys. The Bloodbowl group at Sunshine has more active players. Everyone at Tate's took a stab at things like Infinity and Malifaux. Most have switched to Warma/Hordes (which is a much more balanced game with better support, higher quality models, more strategy, less entry cost, and less over-all cost).

MKII took all the fantasy players. You can see it in the ebb and flow of B-Town and the number of folks who want to swap WHFB for WM/H. I was lucky to make my trades when I did, becasue now nobody can seem to unload WHFB models..... for anything.
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:38 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:(which is a much more balanced game with better support, higher quality models, more strategy, less entry cost, and less over-all cost).

Opinions, of course. I agree on some of it though Razz
Kyle
Chaos God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top