Forge World

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Forge World

Post by Dice_Runt on Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:52 pm

hey where does it day that Forge World are unoffical rules??? i am reading the last 6 vloumes and i dont see it any where
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-12-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Forge World

Post by jspyd3rx on Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:05 pm

They aren't unofficial. Folks just don't use them in any tourneys. I think there is one tourney that allows just one model or unit from FW per army. Of course things like dreadnought drop pod and that thunderfire cannon land raider are usually excluded. In the end, it's always up to the TO who puts the tourny together.
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aosol on Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:43 pm

Just bring a titan and toast those who question you.
aosol
Traitor Captain

Number of posts : 256
Armies : Legion of Ever-blahhhh
Registration date : 2011-01-27

View user profile http://www.dakkadakka.com/core/gallery-search.jsp?dq=aosol

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:19 pm

i have though about running my tratiors which would alot me to feild my pair of superheavies...But they go down fast if you know how to handle them.best unit to kill Super heavys anything with melta or lance!!!!!!

But i am thinking about building an army based around on of the characters in one of the books. i have orded the model and am looking forward to playing the army.
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:28 pm

I'll play that army Nate. Sounds like fun...
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:18 am

They are not part of the official codex material, hence many tournaments in the US do not allow them in their tournaments and since they are not usually tourny legal, people don't like playing with FW stuff rules outside of some fun games. Also getting FW stuff here in the US is not as common because of the shipping costs unlike in Europe where it's easier to get and more common to see people using FW things.

Not in codex to most is "not official" though nothing really says that anywhere.
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt on Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:18 pm

Kyle wrote:They are not part of the official codex material, hence many tournaments in the US do not allow them in their tournaments and since they are not usually tourny legal, people don't like playing with FW stuff rules outside of some fun games. Also getting FW stuff here in the US is not as common because of the shipping costs unlike in Europe where it's easier to get and more common to see people using FW things.

Not in codex to most is "not official" though nothing really says that anywhere.

that is the thing i am tring to figure out where it says what is offical and what is not. For it is produced by GW and is accessable by every one in the gaming community.

Ceaser trust me your going to like the list. It different for one thing and i know that i am going to be the only person playing them which is nice for once.
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:14 pm

Well, white dwarf stuff has the "official" stamp on it. Neutral
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:00 pm

Dice_Runt wrote:
Kyle wrote:They are not part of the official codex material, hence many tournaments in the US do not allow them in their tournaments and since they are not usually tourny legal, people don't like playing with FW stuff rules outside of some fun games. Also getting FW stuff here in the US is not as common because of the shipping costs unlike in Europe where it's easier to get and more common to see people using FW things.

that is the thing i am tring to figure out where it says what is offical and what is not. For it is produced by GW and is accessable by every one in the gaming community.

Ceaser trust me your going to like the list. It different for one thing and i know that i am going to be the only person playing them which is nice for once.

Outside of "official" rule updates like those in WD, it doesn't say official or unofficial anywhere. It's basically up to tournament organizers to determine what is allowed. Since most big tournies do not allow the use of anything outside of Codex releases or official marked WD articles, players ASSUME that everything else is unofficial. Even the events run by GW generally don't allow the use of FW rules so players see them as not being taken seriously, so again they are deemed "unofficial"

Apocalypse games are the only ones where GW openly supports the FW materials for use in 40K
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster on Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:24 pm

I wouldn't build anything based on a model/unit not in the codex.

Your Kislev is a perfect example. While fun to play it would never be tourney legal anywhere except when the tourney organizer approved it.
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt on Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:28 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:I wouldn't build anything based on a model/unit not in the codex.

Your Kislev is a perfect example. While fun to play it would never be tourney legal anywhere except when the tourney organizer approved it.

Yea that is fan made, this on the other hand comes from the company. Kislev is dans by the way
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt on Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:29 pm

The Eldar Guy wrote:Well, white dwarf stuff has the "official" stamp on it. Neutral

again where the confusion, begans. Because the no where else taht stamp is used.
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:34 pm

It's up to who you play with. Forgeworld stuff is pretty much fair game for use in non tourny games but it's up to player agreement. Again the issue is that since most tournaments in the US especially do not allow FW stuff to be used, players won't play against it. Same reason why lot of players don't want to try unique scenarios or game expansions since it's not how it's played in tournaments and many players playing GW games got stuck in the rut of playing and building their army with the tourny mindset and not that of a fun hobby game.

If it's just a fun game and you got the forgeworld books and rules with you and want to play, a person really shouldn't have a problem with playing against you. Course when you beat them or kick their ass with FW specific items, they will whine probably about how your army is not "legal"
Kyle
Chaos God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster on Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:49 pm

I agree with Kyle.
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx on Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:57 pm

Just imagine a dread heavy blood angels list with dread drop pods. It would destroy any list. Maybe against an msu list, it might have a hard time. But there are really only a few units that can be deemed broken. Just build what you want Nate and have fun with it. If you want to use it in a tourny, find someone else to run it and be sure everyone has the same freedom to make a FW list.
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by McSheehy on Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:19 pm

Dice_Runt wrote:hey where does it day that Forge World are unoffical rules??? i am reading the last 6 vloumes and i dont see it any where

Only the very first few volumes/editions back from when Forge World started up did the books mention that they were unoffical and thet you should get you opponent's consent before using anything in the book. Of course that was also when the majority of the Imperial Armor books were just about super heavy vehicles and some fliers.

Over the years more and more elements were added in so that the books included a large amount variations upon vechicles that already existed in army codexes. And now you even have many various army lists as well (the first time they ever did that was for the Imperial Guard armored company). For a while during third edition several Imperial Armor books (and the choices therein) were actually legal for GW tournaments (even the GT).

However most got it into their heads that stuff from Forge World books was always unoffical... kind of like how long it took for special characters to start being used after 5th ed Fantasy or 2nd ed 40K. Alot of the players from that editions were so used to needing consent to use special characters (and usually they were not allowed within tournaments... for simplicty's sake) that they continued with that mindset for years after the change to the new editions... they even accidentally influence the earlier players of the new editions as well. And as I said Forge World was pretty much the same, though you don't find Forge World books listed in tournament allowances anymore. But that's also because you have Apocalypse for several of those lists and vehicles to be used in... and in some cases options that only used to be in Forge World books are now in offical codexes.

But what it really does come down to (as others have said) is it more about who you play.
Some will have no problem whatever you decide to use... others not so much.

McSheehy
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:26 pm

jspyd3rx wrote:Just imagine a dread heavy blood angels list with dread drop pods. It would destroy any list. Maybe against an msu list, it might have a hard time. But there are really only a few units that can be deemed broken. Just build what you want Nate and have fun with it. If you want to use it in a tourny, find someone else to run it and be sure everyone has the same freedom to make a FW list.

um page 85 of blood angel book says Furioso Dreadnought may take a drop pod oh Space Wolves can do it aswell. So yea.....i am surpised that no one has even though about it besides Fred.....I dont want to face. Why did i have to point it out to him.

i figured that if some one had an issuse it would use them as count as army say use them as either blood angels or as normal marines with nothing speical. I will also speak to the TO or EO about it before hand (few weeks ahead of time).

Thanks for guys your input.

So basicaly what i have gathered is that FW is legal via game rules, thou maybe not in every tourny which is sololy based up to the TO.
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:27 pm

by the way i am not breaking anyones balls. I really want to know this stuff
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:36 pm

I REMEMBERED! Adepticon has a "gladiator match" that allows FW stuff. Not sure on specific rules, but it is a big tourny event that allows FW stuff.
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:51 pm

http://www.adepticon.org/wpfiles/2011/201140Kglad.pdf
This was this year's scenarios. Still can't find the foc rules for it though. Does anyone know?

*edit*
found it.
http://www.adepticon.org/11rules/201140KIAApoc.pdf
From this year, so a few things are missing. I think we could do this though folks would need a couple of months to prepare and build. Definitely an elite tourny, so buy in should be huge to make it worth it. What do you guys think?
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:34 pm

jspyd3rx wrote:I REMEMBERED! Adepticon has a "gladiator match" that allows FW stuff. Not sure on specific rules, but it is a big tourny event that allows FW stuff.
i am looking at going to that next year
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:35 pm

i think its like 1750 thou right???
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:37 pm

my guy is there!!! sweetness!!!!!!

oh shit!!! i could see about using freds warhound!!!!!!
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:14 pm

I think it's 3k, to accommodate the high point cost of fw stuff
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:24 pm

i would think tha tby keeping it low..would stop people from going bat shit. Also the titans are not that pricey
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top