The cauldron

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The cauldron

Post by luis the young on Fri May 23, 2008 10:08 am

May 22, 2008, on a remote soviet village the Glorious forces of the Cannibal Peasant army sorrounded one of the elite German paratrooper companies. Elements from the 3rd armored army launched a massive assault against the well dugged in german forces. Ther german invaders had deployed in the outskirts of the village, in a circle, defending 2 key supply depots. A massive Tiger tank was also spotted taking position close to the center of the village.

The assault began by the germans springing an ambush on the advancing T-34 company, massive fire was unleashed against our brave tankists, but their superior driving skills and strong armor saved them from the onslaught and no casualties were reported at this point. The hated planes of the german airforce made to strafe a SU-85 assault gun company, but the german dogs did not noticed the waiting 37 mm AA guns and one of their planes was shot down from the sky rendering the air strike innefectual, the Tiger tank made a bold move out of cover and took aim on the T-34s, but his aim was off, the comander of the Tiger was rumored to be a great Tankist of the german forces, but not his supposedly great skills were able to score a hit.

After the opening fire from the germans the brave soviet forces started moving foward, the SU-85s moved from behind the forest they were taking cover in and took aim at the Tiger ace and with one well placed shot from their migthy guns, the Tiger tank exploded in flames ! a great cheer went up from the soviet forces. The sky lit up with the mass salvo from the Soviet rocket batteries, death and destruction rained on the massed german forces, one Anti tank crew was destroyed and the rest of the squads became pinned from the massive salvo.

To make a logn story short, Erics' rolls SUCKED through out the whole game, he needed anything but a 1 to not die on his tiger, and of course he rolled a 1 ! Tiger didnt get to do jack, and this is after he rolled awsone for his tiger ace skills. His planes decided that they didnt like the weather so they barely showed up, he missed like 3 rolls for them, his reins came in bits and pieces.
I surprised him and showed up with an armored company, he was ready to face infantry, not tanks, and 28 tanks in a 2000 point game is just brutal Smile

He deciamted my T-34s, but could not take out my command tank ! he failed like 3 motivation rolls to assault it, and i just kept on moving back and shooting him, towards the end all my reins were in and i launched a massive assault against the southern objective, 10 T-70s and 5 KV-1Es vs a Big paratrooper platoon, the figthing went back and forth a few times, but he just kept on rolling horribly, that platoon stayed pinned for 3 turns ! he missed 3 tries to rally them. By then i had my KVs sitting on top of the objective and he just didnt have enough punch left to take them out, to make matters worse, he failed his motivation test to charge them.

Was a good game ( for me anyways ) and it showed the superior might of the Soviet Juggernaut.
My brave tankists fed well that day ...

"I don't give a goddamn flying hawkman fuck what anyone says - THIS is the greatest fuckin' finale to a film ever. A legion of hairy winged super badasses attacking an art deco rocketship belonging to the evil ruler of the universe, a goddamn football player hijacking said rocketship and crashing it into a fuckin' emperor's palace on his goddamn fuckin' wedding day, saving the Earth with seconds to spare. With extra POWERRRRCHORDS for good fuckin' measure.

Flash Gordon. Fuck Yeah. "
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The cauldron

Post by Hurricane on Fri May 23, 2008 12:37 pm

For rolling so badly and not having a list that wasnt geared towards armor, I still took out plenty of tanks. I killed 9 T-34's, 7 T-70's, 1 KV-1 (those are beasts) and 1 SU-85. And that was without my tiger and airforce. It was a frustrating game because I rolled so poorly, but it is always fun to play with Luis.
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young on Fri May 23, 2008 12:46 pm

you sure did, those anti tank guns you brought are Nasty! and i hate panzershreks!
Was a good game bud, sorry to spring the armored surprise on you.

word of adviced to all u other soviet generals...is almost impossible to kill german paratroopers with shooting once they are dug in and in foxholes, i musta have shot him like 90 times with machine guns, to kill just a few stands.

"I don't give a goddamn flying hawkman fuck what anyone says - THIS is the greatest fuckin' finale to a film ever. A legion of hairy winged super badasses attacking an art deco rocketship belonging to the evil ruler of the universe, a goddamn football player hijacking said rocketship and crashing it into a fuckin' emperor's palace on his goddamn fuckin' wedding day, saving the Earth with seconds to spare. With extra POWERRRRCHORDS for good fuckin' measure.

Flash Gordon. Fuck Yeah. "
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane on Fri May 23, 2008 1:43 pm

That's cool, I like surprises! Those were panzerknackers not shreks but I hear the shreks are going to be available in a special order catalogue really soon. Also, I would like to play a 1750 pt late war game in case I go to national tournament in July. Can you do a late war list?
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi on Fri May 23, 2008 10:24 pm

Late war is fun! I'm about to play in a 1750 Late War Regional Qualifier tomorrow actually.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich on Fri May 23, 2008 10:40 pm

Good luck Dan... GO KISLEV.... er... I mean COSSACKS !!!

Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2623
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi on Fri May 23, 2008 10:43 pm

Very Happy

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down