645th Schwere Panzerjager Abteilung

View previous topic View next topic Go down

645th Schwere Panzerjager Abteilung

Post by rokassan on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:11 pm

So heres the list Im gonna field. Its all painted mind you.

HQ 1X Elefant
CP 2X Elefants
Support
1X Wehrmacht Tiger Tank
1X SS Panzer Pioneer Platoon w/ Panzerfaust
1X Wehrmacht Grenadier platoon w/Panzerfaust
2X Quad 20mm Flak Halftracks
1X Nebelwerfer Battery (3 Launchers)
Thats 1740 points

It seems somewhat balanced. Infantry,artillery,air defense and heavy armor.
I think it could do some damage to any Tank company...which is what its job is.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3599
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

View user profile http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 645th Schwere Panzerjager Abteilung

Post by Hurricane on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:40 pm

What is the side armor of the elephants? You might get overwhelmed by a russian tank company.
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:46 pm

8 side armor. Regular T-34/76's would be almost useless. Charge is the only thing they could do. Those Elefants are 15 front armor. Perhaps I could ditch the tiger, put in another Pioneer platoon and buy minefields to protect my flanks. If I keep the Elefants together and concetrate their firepower that would be 6 shots at AT16 and the Tiger would get 2 at AT13. Maybe 3 shots if I roll well for the tiger ace skills.Russians are trained at best. So Im hitting on 4's at long range and 3 at short...and Ive got a 40 inch range. Its a specialized Company. I can tweek it.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:04 pm

Theres also a Jagdpanther company in the Earth and Steel book. Looks like a cool list to try. Only problem I see is all of the support is Confident Trained. That would be a problem for me. I like my Germans Confident or Fearless and Veteran.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:33 am

Can you buy fortifications for that list? Otherwise, the only way your pioneers get minefields is if they are a defender in a mission with prepared positions. And that won't happen much with a tank company. I agree the Elephants are deadly, but a few lucky shots and your tanks are doomed. But it looks like a fun list, either way.
Im getting ready to paint some more FJ's. After that, I will probably go back to early war stuff.
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:26 am

You can buy the pioneer supply trucks and get a minefield per.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jhope on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:41 pm

You only get minefields in missions that you are the defender.

The biggest problem I see is that you don't get enough shots to kill. Also, any smart player will smoke your big guns to make them move or give them no shots at all.

Would be interested to see how it does against a pile of shermans using smoke as cover.

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 294
Armies : British, German & Soviet armies
Registration date : 2010-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:09 pm

Elefants can move and shoot. I can field Panzer IV's ,Stug's or Panthers as support. Im gonna play around with the list. Shermans are AT10 an Elefants side Armor is 8. Odds of survival are pretty good.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top