Aussie's in an up roar

Go down

Aussie's in an up roar

Post by Dice_Runt on Wed May 25, 2011 7:37 pm

have you guys seen the shit that is taking place over there about the price increases and cost over all. They are really shaking shit up.
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-12-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aussie's in an up roar

Post by rokassan on Wed May 25, 2011 11:10 pm

No. Enlighten us.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3599
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

View user profile http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Wed May 25, 2011 11:25 pm

So what are they actually doing besides complaining online?
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster on Thu May 26, 2011 7:03 am

Link?
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Thu May 26, 2011 7:22 am

All very worthy responses.
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Thu May 26, 2011 10:14 am

I accidentally clicked on the Australian GW.com and my heart almost stopped. Games workshop is going to be dead in Australia in less than a year. With conversion , a dark Eldar codex costs 50$ US. The new Grotesques are 45$ US each (meaning 1 resin model). The dark Eldar battle box is upwards of 175$ US.... I'm thoroughly disgusted. Maybe this is a sign of things to come and GW is giving US a sneak peak at their business model for the world in 5 years.
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Thu May 26, 2011 10:39 am

They'll simply go under with those prices. their well on their way to accomplishing this in the U.S.. Annual price increases with no end in site. Are there anymore excuses out there. Dont tell me...gas prices and tree's are hard to come by for the paper. Their insane.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Thu May 26, 2011 10:40 am

AUS prices are ridiculous on most things though. They pay roughly $120 US on new video games for example.

I would not really compare the US market to the AUS one
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Thu May 26, 2011 10:40 am

KingdomCome wrote:I accidentally clicked on the Australian GW.com and my heart almost stopped. Games workshop is going to be dead in Australia in less than a year. With conversion , a dark Eldar codex costs 50$ US. The new Grotesques are 45$ US each (meaning 1 resin model). The dark Eldar battle box is upwards of 175$ US.... I'm thoroughly disgusted. Maybe this is a sign of things to come and GW is giving US a sneak peak at their business model for the world in 5 years.

Im curious, who's willing to pay those prices when they get that high in this country...and dont be shy speak up and explain your reasons.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Thu May 26, 2011 10:41 am

Kyle wrote:AUS prices are ridiculous on most things though. They pay roughly $120 US on new video games for example.

How do they survive. Does a Taco Bell employee make $20 an hour?

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Thu May 26, 2011 10:46 am

rokassan wrote:
Kyle wrote:AUS prices are ridiculous on most things though. They pay roughly $120 US on new video games for example.

How do they survive. Does a Taco Bell employee make $20 an hour?

Their average earnings is about twice to 40% higher than the US average from what I recall.
Kyle
Chaos God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Thu May 26, 2011 11:03 am

ok then its simply inflation, but their salaries keep up to a point.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt on Thu May 26, 2011 1:12 pm

the aussies have been bitching at GW so much: sending emails, sending snail mail, starting shit in gw stores (normal aussie crap). That the head of Games-Workshop is meeting with a few of them to sit down and talk about prices and what not. So yea they might not see a price hike for a while if everything goes well for them...

bill they dont have things like toca bell there from what i heard
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt on Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:17 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7mU53IHNOU&feature=player_embedded#at=119
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aosol on Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:01 am

diamond mixed with cocaine

The wankers comment killed me.
aosol
Traitor Captain

Number of posts : 256
Armies : Legion of Ever-blahhhh
Registration date : 2011-01-27

View user profile http://www.dakkadakka.com/core/gallery-search.jsp?dq=aosol

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich on Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:08 am

The aussies have had a counter-GW movement for a while. From listening to Podhammer, I seem to recall that they haven't had a Games Day or Grand Tournament over there in years, because the Australians aren't interested enough in it, they've got their own tournaments and conventions.

More power to them.

Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2623
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:41 pm

i wish we had events more like they did. they sound like a blast
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

View user profile

Back to top Go down