Which Option is better?

100% 100% 
[ 4 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Anti-Armor Questions

Post by scurrdi on Thu May 15, 2008 11:32 pm

So I'm gearing up for this tournament thats coming up next weekend here in Nashville and I'm trying to decide which I think is more effective. The game size is 1750 (late war) and I'm using my Soviet Cossack Army.

Option A:

4 Obr. 1942s (with calvary limbers)
3 SU-85s
4 ZIS-2s (with trucks)
Limited Air Support (Kobras)

Option B:

4 Obr. 1942s (with calvary limbers)
4 ZIS-3s (with calvary limbers and staff team)
4 ZIS-2s (with trucks)
Limited Air Support (Kobras)

I know I'm getting more punch with the 85s, but the fact that they are rated consript (as they fall under the Corps Support of the Soviet list which is almost all Fearless Conscript) whereas the rest of my troops are Fearless Trained (cause were Cossacks). The ZIS-3s are trained (even though they are corps support) and give me the bulletproof cover. I also figure I'll get some themed points as it's more calvary limbers and no tanks of any kind.

It's also worth noting that the 1942s and the ZIS-3s have the "horse artillery" special rule (fire full ROF when disembarking from being towed).

I'm just looking for people's opinions before I turn in my list. I kinda like option 2 but I don't think I've played enough late war to decide if it's worth it or not.

Thanks!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anti-Armor Questions

Post by luis the young on Fri May 16, 2008 8:13 am

I like the SU-85s, their mobility makes them more effective and enemy armor fears them bad.

"I don't give a goddamn flying hawkman fuck what anyone says - THIS is the greatest fuckin' finale to a film ever. A legion of hairy winged super badasses attacking an art deco rocketship belonging to the evil ruler of the universe, a goddamn football player hijacking said rocketship and crashing it into a fuckin' emperor's palace on his goddamn fuckin' wedding day, saving the Earth with seconds to spare. With extra POWERRRRCHORDS for good fuckin' measure.

Flash Gordon. Fuck Yeah. "
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down