Marines from Aliens.

Go down

Marines from Aliens.

Post by rokassan on Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:56 am

Ok, I need a favor from one of the more artistic on our forum(Chris). Take a look at the the Marines uniforms and armor in Aliens and tell me what colors I need to paint them as close to the movie as possible. They can be GW or Vallejo colors.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3599
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

View user profile http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Marines from Aliens.

Post by zephel on Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:45 am

isn't like a greyish kind of green?
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 454
Armies : Eldar, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2010-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:50 am

Yeah. Its a camo though. I need specifics. I know there are guys on our forum that have a great eye for paint colors.
I've got the old leading edge Colonial Marine mini's and I just feel like painting them. I can use them with my guard and Im an big Aliens fan. I actually have a second set of half of the Marines.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by zephel on Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:53 am

ohhh, well yea chris and aosol are ones to note color then
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 454
Armies : Eldar, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2010-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy on Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:22 am

I can't find a decent picture, got one?
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:16 am

I actually found a blog on what colors to use. I appreciate the effort though.

http://dawnofthelead.com/2010/05/24/very-tough-hombres-a-colonial-marine-painting-tutorial/

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:21 am

That's a decent looking model. Is that for your ig?
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:07 am

Not my model. Its the guys blog.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:26 am

cayman Green(Vallejo game color). Whats its equal in GW.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:18 pm

Catachan green. What other green is closest to it.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:37 pm

rokassan wrote:Not my model. Its the guys blog.
I know, is that what you're going to do for your ig?
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:20 pm

No. Ive got regular IG and Im using Pig Iron heavy infantry as commandos. The Aliens Marines Im just painting for the hell of it.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:46 pm

Im almost done with Weirzbowski and Crowe.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down