Im excited about this.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Im excited about this.

Post by rokassan on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:54 pm

Have the main game and first expansion. Love the game.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_npm_sec.asp?eidm=64&esem=1

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3599
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

View user profile http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Im excited about this.

Post by dork_jedi on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:03 pm

Isn't TI one of those games that you need to update your last will and testament for because it's going to take the rest of your natural life to finish?

I can tell you with no ego, this is my finest sword.
If on your journey, you should encounter God...God will be cut. - Hattori Hanzo, Kill Bill vol.1
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:08 pm

That's pretty close to what I've heard. Along with decent, hours heresy, and most other fantasy flight games.
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:18 pm

We've finished a game or two. took around 6 hours. We had 7 players. Of course Stephan(Ovich) was the biggest antagonist.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3599
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

View user profile http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:27 pm

Played it many times, the length depends greatly on amount of players and if you are using the expansion or original strategy cards.

Setup of the game is actually one of the things that takes the longest because of so many components, and it's a game that everyone has to take part in the set up, you can't just have a person set up the board before the players show up to make things go faster.

Fantastic game, never had a game take more than 5 hours though.
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:35 pm

Never having played this game I may be off here, but couldn't the host player setup as much as possible before the participants show up?

Kyle, I am not suggesting EVERYTHING, just what is possible. Just an idea to encourage game play.

BTW: I just got Maniac Mansion with the last of my Sunshie store credit, can't wait to play that!
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:46 pm

Maniac mansion? Or mansion of madness? Never heard of the former, I have the latter. Mansion of madness is the shit. If anyone wants to play that goodness, let me know. Will travel for ownage game.
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb on Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:49 pm

Sorry, Mansion of Madness.

Maniac mansion was a computer game put out by Lucas entertainment.

Kingdom, do you have this game?
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:48 pm

Mansion of madness? Yessir I do. Awesome game. Plays like a messed up game of clue with a twist of decent. I enjoy it a lot.
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:26 pm

jerryb wrote:Never having played this game I may be off here, but couldn't the host player setup as much as possible before the participants show up?

Kyle, I am not suggesting EVERYTHING, just what is possible. Just an idea to encourage game play.

BTW: I just got Maniac Mansion with the last of my Sunshie store credit, can't wait to play that!

Not really, as each player has to choose one of many different factions they will play, gather all their corresponding tokens, arrange their fleets and starting resources. Then the entire game board has to be set up piece by piece going around the table. The set up is done one player at a time and is a major part of the game strategy at times as you want to try and create a universe that benefits you while trying to screw with opponents portions of space.

Outside of setting out the generic materials for the game, majority of the games setup has to wait till all players show up and it takes a while. This becomes a big problem when you are first introducing the game to players as they will not know exactly how to properly set things up initially.
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb on Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:52 pm

I am not trying to be difficult, just throwing ideas out to make this game more approaching and stir interest.

Here is another idea:
For new players setup their faction for them in advance and explain to them and the other players that this is just a learning game, hence their prior setup. Let them learn the mechanics first and then work on setting up their own faction.

This would slow down the game to a minimum for the veteran players and makes the new players experience more enjoyable.

Just a suggestion for potential players who may be reluctant to play the game due to its reputation for being time consuming just to setup.
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:47 pm

For a first time game for most players sure, having the factions preselected and set out would be fine, but once you get into the game of course it still takes up a big chunk of time.

Lot of FFG produced games though sadly have the problem of long set up and clean up times compared to most of the industry. Though they make good and quality products.
Kyle
Chaos God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top