Nidstar hate

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nidstar hate

Post by jspyd3rx on Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:32 am

Nice to know other clubs around the country have to contend with this. Never thought of just avoiding it though, hehe.
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2011/03/beating-tyranid-deathstars-with-descent.html
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nidstar hate

Post by The Eldar Guy on Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:50 am

I usually just shoot it.
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:48 pm

They're not that bad. My Eldar avoid it and my tau pew pew it. The one comment I don't agree with was the " he must be a good player because he went 4-0." It's a different thread altogether, but when you have such a large pool of players to draw from, most won't be good. The nid player turn two should have kept his plan and thrown his entire army in the middle and made the BA player come to him. He would've had a better chance of beating him together rather than splitting off. Support is the name of the game.
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thehod on Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:07 pm

I didnt think it was a proper nidstar (if such things exist anymore). The best Nid powerhouse units as of late are 2 carnifexen and 2 tyranid primes for wound allocation craze.

thehod
Neophyte

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:35 pm

I think the main issue of a nidstar is its speed or lack thereof. I'd like to know how they were supported in both armies played. Non MC get tank shocked into template blobs, or generally out of the way. MC gets pew pewed ,hopefully, into oblivion before causing too much damage. The dual carnifex / prime star sounds fairly nasty. What is it 15 wounds on toughness 6 and everything hurts? Better not let that catch you.
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top