Pattons Panthers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pattons Panthers

Post by KingdomCome on Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:01 pm

I'm about halfway through "Patton's Panthers" by Charles Sasser. It's a book about the 761st tank battalion. It was an all African-American tank battalion that had an outstanding service record. Great read thus far. FOW related I wish battlefront would release a list featuring these guys. The battalion had three companies fully loaded with 76mm shermans. How great would it be to field several platoons of those awesomewagons! The stinking Russians get it first, but I hope they let the Americans do it better. The battalion was stateside for the first 2 years of the war and were so well trained, they were undefeated in wargames making them very skilled in combat. I can only hope bf finally makes a decent American tank company with these guys, if they even address them.
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pattons Panthers

Post by rokassan on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:26 pm

I guess the served under Patton? Did the serve in Italy or Western Europe?

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3599
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

View user profile http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:28 pm

When they went into combat were they supported by White troops (infantry) or were the infantry Black as well.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3599
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

View user profile http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:35 pm

Battlefront hates the US, they will keep avoiding late war lists for them for as long as they can pump out more russian releases.
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:48 pm

They served in western Europe under Patton after operation cobra. They fought in the outskirts of France and pushed forward from there. They had white infantry as support (or vice versa). They fought for 183 days and out of 760 men only 180 enlisted were killed and 22 officers shared the same fate. Those are really good numbers for as much combat as they saw.
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top