What to do with my shermans?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What to do with my shermans?

Post by KingdomCome on Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:24 am

Ok folks need some suggestions. I have played with my us tank boys and am rather depressed with their performance. Using CV and CT tanks I've found CT American tanks are a much stronger and well rounded list. Still, an American tank army is weaker than all other tank forces around. Our 1 stand out tank (76mm) is as good as other nations basic workhorse. I've all but given up on an American tank company. So where should I go with my 10 or 12 Sherman? I was thinking of picking up fire flies and going British. Or maybe a few more Shermans and going for the lend lease soviets. Any thouhts? Shocked
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What to do with my shermans?

Post by Kyle on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:34 am

For Americans, tank companies suck. American infantry and mechanized are much better lists. If you don't want to chance your list and want to stick to tanks, probably will want to change to another country.
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:50 pm

U.S. Armored infantry with tank support. Key word here "Veteran". I like tanks as support...not big on tank companies (any country)myself. Nothing is tougher than dug in Veteran infantry. U.S. infantry platoon have a shit load of support within the platoon. Mortars ,.30 cal's and bazooka's. You don't need to switch countries. Use the Sherman a support. Us them as reserves, ambush with them when you can.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3599
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

View user profile http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:53 pm

Don't be a pussy. If I can kick ass with my italians you can win with the Americans. Don't switch.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3599
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

View user profile http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:36 pm

I'm not switching my armies. I have American armored rifles, and soon infantry. I'm just looking for a use for my mass of shermans. US isn't cutting the mustard so I'm switching up. Veteran infantry is all and well, but infantry isn't super on the offensive. Tanks chew through them.
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:40 pm

It's a mostly objective game and tanks have limited infantry killing for the most part in the amount they can dish out. Infantry have lots of protective advantages. US infantry have a nice versatility to them that many other countries don't have as much in that you can get a good mix of weapons and support in a single platoon. Lots of bazookas and infantry can wreck enemy tanks. Shermans as support are good for taking out most tanks, the main problem with US is dealing with heavy tanks which are popular cause of all the German players. Shermans are a decent medium tank about on par with german pk4's, you obviously need tank hunters which the US is limited to generally only one platoon and they are not really heavy tanks, just big guns.

US tank companies are pretty well known to be weak type of list, and going British for a tank company would not be a huge difference as it's British infantry that seem to tend to own at the tourny scene. Using them for land lease in a Soviet tank company might work out though they are still going to be Sherman tanks, with worse skilled drivers and stuck with the crappy Soviet tank rules unlike their heavies.
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top