How anal about Model Accuracy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How anal about Model Accuracy?

Post by Kyle on Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:42 am

So working on an American company to go along with my Gemans and something that always bugged me was the countless variations of a single vehicle, especially half tracks. Now I never have played in any of the major or "official" events so was wondering how picky about accuracy the events tend to be. Do people adhere to the WYSIWYG rules or is the community pretty carefree. For example someone using a M3 halftrack instead of the M2 hes supposed to use according to the list, they are nearly identical models with slight changes. Or like "oh no you don't have the 50cal modeled on that half track, gtfo". It's a bit annoying having to collect multiples of so many different half tracks for just having the option to play different lists.

Also do any of the events really care about having to use battlefront figures or do people use mixed brands? Have read BF is pretty lenient on it but that some of the major events supposedly sometimes make a note that it must be purely battlefront.
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How anal about Model Accuracy?

Post by TheLimey on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:29 am

Reading the forums at FOW, people seem to be fairly lenient. Beyond that, I have no experience, same as you.
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 266
Armies : Games played: Starship Troopers, Epic...
Registration date : 2009-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane on Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:05 pm

Overall, I think everyone is relaxed.... Do you know how many panzer III models there are?? Stephan used my Marder II's at Recon earlier this year and used them as Marder III's and the TO was cool with it. I really don't see a problem with M2s or M3's. I have never seen a tournament say BF models only... well except at Joels!
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:14 pm

Well I had read some of the more official events have put "bf only" as part of the event but guess it's purely up to the TO, BF from what I know has no set in stone policy on the matter. I just got a bunch of M3 half tracks and for some platoons I would need to get a very specific half track which is annoying. Same especially with the SDFKZ variations, most people probably couldn't tell majority of them apart without reference material. And most of them have exact same stats game play wise anyways.

My germans are purely battlefront and mostly accurate but trying to put together a cheap US force to have as a back up and it's getting tough with how many options some platoons mix together. US platoon structure is annoying
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLimey on Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:33 pm

My Brits are part BF and part some one else, (I forget who, Matt Berry put me onto them), but mainly BF.
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 266
Armies : Games played: Starship Troopers, Epic...
Registration date : 2009-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:21 pm

As far as our group at the store ,nobody will care. Don't throw down some American halftracks and call them IS-2's, but I'm sure that's not what you meant.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3599
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

View user profile http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young on Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:19 am

All of my Infantry is OldGlory models, soooo..i aint got no probs.

"I don't give a goddamn flying hawkman fuck what anyone says - THIS is the greatest fuckin' finale to a film ever. A legion of hairy winged super badasses attacking an art deco rocketship belonging to the evil ruler of the universe, a goddamn football player hijacking said rocketship and crashing it into a fuckin' emperor's palace on his goddamn fuckin' wedding day, saving the Earth with seconds to spare. With extra POWERRRRCHORDS for good fuckin' measure.

Flash Gordon. Fuck Yeah. "
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top