FOW Armored Blitz

Go down

FOW Armored Blitz

Post by Carlos on Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:33 am

Well I'm relatively new to FOW, I've yet to buy my army but I have a basic outline on what units I'm going to use.

Brom's, great siege tanks with heavy front armor
JagdPanzer! because it's by far one of my favorite German Tanks
Panzer III M's
Perhaps a King Tiger or Tiger....
HG Infantry and Grenadiers on half tracks

I'm still looking for artillery maybe 88's, basically I'm going for a small force for surgical strikes and to better suit my style of play

As for air support, until they bring out the Focke Wulfe I'm considering the Heinkel HE
Carlos
Carlos
Traitor Guardsman

Male
Number of posts : 113
Armies : Blood Angels and Wood Elves
Registration date : 2010-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FOW Armored Blitz

Post by rokassan on Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:47 am

Do your research. Get the rule book. It sounds like your leaning towards late war. The HG Panzer division did most of its fighting in Italy. Dogs and Devils would be the book to get to get what company types you can field and the force organizations as far as the game goes.
In the Dogs and devils book you can get the FW-190 or ME109's as air support, but there are no HE111 as an option. Youll have to find the aircraft models on e-bay as Battlefront doesnt produce these models...only the JU-87 stuka and HS-129. Its not an issue though. Just look for 1/144 scale. I can help you find what you need and show you how to convert the bases to FoW.

The HG unit have great special rules. as I said do some research and ask questions before you invest so that you get an army youll love playing and expanding. HG can have RSI Italian,Heer and SS platoons as support. Its a good choice.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3599
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

View user profile http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos on Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:49 am

Alright sounds good and yeah I'm leaning towards HG divisions with a bit of my own twist. Good to know I can use the FW-109, Which book exactly do I have to get for the HG divisions?
Carlos
Carlos
Traitor Guardsman

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:58 am

Dogs and devils campaign book. Youll need that and the rule book at the minimum. Remember youll have to follow the force organization to build your company. So ask questions and make sure you get what you want. HG has its own infantry blisters, they were Luftwaffe troops well trained in ground combat. Dont worry they are rated high in skill and moral.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 am

I have Mid War Italians(Bersaglieri) w/ Afrika Korps Panzer support, Late War U.S. Para's(101st), (LW) Grossdeutchland Armored Panzer Grenadiers and Im working on a (LW)Waffen SS Das Reich Panzer Grenadier company.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos on Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:16 am

Nice, I want to work on a Full Afrika Korps division, and an HG division. Preferably sturmgrupen.

I found the Air support models, there is a model store on 117th and 72nd street right in in the lot adjacent to BJ's. They have a bunch of stuff, they're bound to have 1/144 scale models of FW or BF. although which variant of the BF is it, the D, E or F?

Ok Dogs and Devil's and rule book.
Carlos
Carlos
Traitor Guardsman

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos on Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:18 am

I blame Band of brother's for the sudden spur in interest into FOW, love the series.
Carlos
Carlos
Traitor Guardsman

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:19 am

FoW is Company sized engagements. You'd have to spend a LOT of money to build a the Division.
I have BF-109E's ,but look in the book it gives you the variant.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:20 am

I started my U.S. Para's with $60 store credit when I won one of the tournaments with my Italians.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:24 pm

More baddies to run over.....
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:36 pm

http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=1934

Here's a Dogs and Devils battle report.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) on Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:49 pm

The Hermann Göring stuff has plenty of Panzer III M's and HG Infantry is mostly motorised (with useful rules for the trucks).

The 508. Heavy Panzerdivision will be your source for Tigers in a HG list, no King Tigers on that front.

525. and 653. Heavy Tank Hunter divisions provide Elefants and Hornisses, no Jagdpanzer/Jagdpanther.

Brummbärs can be found in the 216. Assault gun division.

Luckily all of that information is collected (at least superficially) in the Dogs & Devils book.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:51 pm

on a side note: Ceaser I heard you placed 4th in the tourney. Good job bro.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) on Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:55 pm

KingdomCome wrote:on a side note: Ceaser I heard you placed 4th in the tourney. Good job bro.

Aye, when I heard I placed 4th I just replied "Hot damn".

That first game was a fierce throttling. 22 T-34/85's, 4 M10's, 2 Panthers.

I had a modest collection of 10 Panzer II L's, 4 Brummbärs and a Tiger IE as far as rival armor is concerned.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos on Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:34 am

Hm, Damn no JagdPanzer's. I love that tank. Ah alright, I'll stick to the creating just the divisions then.

Good job on placing fourth ceasar! I Saw the onslaught of tanks you had to go against and I've been doing nothing but finding ways to devastate a tank force like that. I Found a couple of ways, if you're there wendsday we'll discuss tactics and shop talk.
Oh and Bill, try the model shop I'm talking about. They have alot of cool stuff you can bring over to the FOW universe.

And kingdom we've had this discussion before Razz, good luck trying
Carlos
Carlos
Traitor Guardsman

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content