2 v 2 Game at Bill House!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2 v 2 Game at Bill House!

Post by Motormanmpd on Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:16 pm

We had a two on two game at Bill's house on Sat. Bill's wife made dinner. I wanted to say I enjoyed the food. Please thank your wife for me. The game pitted the Germans (Bill and Eric) verses the British (Rufus) and Russians (Stephan). Each player had a 1750 point late war army. I brought the Irish Guards infantry company and Stephan had a Russian tank company with IS-2s. These armies go together well. Stephen brought a large amount of quality tanks while I had good infantry backed up by lots of big guns and air support. Bill had a panther tanks list with five panthers and a rocket battery. Eric had German Paras with PaK 40s and StuGs in support. We played the road block mission (Number 7). The allies were the attacker and had to face the German ambush. The Axis wanted to ambush the IS-2s. I thought they would use the panthers but instead they used the PaK 40s. The ambush managed to only bail out three IS-2s. I think this was one of the first mistakes made by both sides during the game. The Allies messed up their deployment by not putting their heavy guns on the table from the start. The guns spent two turns setting up to shoot. They were mostly gone by turn three. The Axis spread their army out to go for both objectives on each end of the table. When I saw this it confused me. I would of overloaded one side of the table and pushed forward with everything I had. Using smoke and tanks to push forward followed up by foot sloggers in support. In stead the Axis matched up across the board. They divided their armies thus( I think) making them less powerful. Stephan and I decided to focus on destroying Bill's 4 platoon army. Take one army out and the game is yours. By turn seven we needed to take out one more of Bill's platoons to force a company test. By this point the Axis were in position to assault both objectives on their next turn. Bill had two panthers close to one objective and Eric had two platoons of Paras next to the other objective. Stephan moved his T-34/85's and shot everything he had a Bill's two panthers. We were counting on him bailing out the tanks so my guards infantry could assault. We got lucky and Bill rolled a one and one tank was blown up. Now Bill could not pin down my assault (only 4 shots possible). He still managed to kill two of the four stands assaulting, but not the P.I.A.T. team, which was able to bailout and kill the panther. Bill promptly failed his company check and the game went to the Allies. The game was a blast and it was fun the play with players who know what they are doing. Thanks again guys for a fun game and good food....

Motormanmpd
Cultist

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-03-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 v 2 Game at Bill House!

Post by KingdomCome on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:49 pm

Sounds like fun.
HORRIBLE THREAD JACKING ABOUT TO INSUE:
Anybody know where to look for german lists that use sturmtigers? They are crappy RC status and all, but they look sweet. Which books should I look at?

Back on topic:
Rufus is a cheater. It seems like 2v2 games (or higher) tend to be more unbalanced than 1v1. It easier to defeat the opposing side the more people that play. You just concentrate ALL your firepower on one company, cause the break and so long sally. It's happend to me already so I would know.
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Motormanmpd on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:42 pm

Stum Tigers are in River of Heros

Motormanmpd
Cultist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:56 pm

In a friendly game you can say you have to break both companies. Stephan rolls too well and questions every damn thing...even shit he knows the answer too...and Rufus eggs you on the whole game til you get a headache and want to shoot him in the leg. bom

None the less it was a good game and we failed to drop both smoke bombardments at the end...that cost us the game.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3599
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

View user profile http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:06 pm

Bill! I'm starting my flames of war army soon! I'm going to be needing some guidance on the game! PM me when ya can!
Carlos
Traitor Guardsman

Male
Number of posts : 113
Armies : Blood Angels and Wood Elves
Registration date : 2010-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb on Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:11 am

No one said anything about free food! Next mention the free food and I be there with my Therians.

JerryB
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Motormanmpd on Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:46 am

Remeber Bill I am not only playing the army on the table but the player running the army on the table.

Motormanmpd
Cultist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:22 am

Well, I just realized a huge mistake. Remember how I kept going back and forth between the Fearless trained and Fearless vets list? Well, I took the fearless vets list and forgot to play with the Jadgpanther..... so i was playing 235 points short.
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Motormanmpd on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:01 pm

That sucks. Do you think it would of changed the game? I don't know maybe. You could of said that it broke down before it could get to the field of battle. I like how you guys kept leaving the room to talk, while Stephan and I talked right in front of you guys.

Motormanmpd
Cultist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:57 pm

Well you and Stephan discussed things you were doing as your turn went along, we were discussing counter strategy while you guys were doing your turn. How is it advantageous for us to discuss what we are gonna do on our turn during your turn in front of you? Is that an alien concept?

On the Jagdpanther changing the game...ummmmmm...YES! AT16 ,range 40 front armor10 on the IS-2's. They'd be gone a lot quicker...their front armor 10,11 at long range. Do the math. That would have freed up my 1ic(Panther) and 2ic(Panther) to hit the left flank from the start. Id say that would have been game changing...being short 235 points is unbalanced in its self. It was close reguardless.

Last edited by rokassan on Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:15 pm; edited 3 times in total

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:02 pm

Motormanmpd wrote:Remeber Bill I am not only playing the army on the table but the player running the army on the table.

Yes, but obnoxious is obnoxious(you can be brutal sometimes). I know you pretend it doesnt get under your skin, but when your not doing well and Cesar or I lay into you I see the frustration. Its all good Rufus I still love you and just be prepared...when your not doing well I will not show any gaming etiquette and be as obnoxious as possible. Twisted Evil

Im working on another FoW night...a rematch. Eric this time dont short us 235 points.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:47 pm

were are you all been playing the FOW? Working on a German and Brit army. I really need to play a game to understand the rules, I have read the book but reading and playing are 2 differnt things for me learning
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:08 pm

Yeah, I need to get me a tutorial game in too.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:03 pm

I'm free Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday every week. Lemme know when someone wants a tutorial game. I'm relatively new, but the rules aren't physics either lol! . I'm always down for a game.
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Motormanmpd on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:50 pm

I should be at store with Kingdomcome on Thursday in the Afternoon around 3-330. If you want to play.

Motormanmpd
Cultist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:57 pm

I'll be there a bit earlier than that for anyone interested in gaming.
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:59 pm

Motormanmpd wrote:I should be at store with Kingdomcome on Thursday in the Afternoon around 3-330. If you want to play.

Damn you people who don't work the 9-5 hours of us office drones.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:20 pm

KingdomCome wrote:I'll be there a bit earlier than that for anyone interested in gaming.

I'll be there Thursday.
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:12 pm

Vycem wrote:
Motormanmpd wrote:I should be at store with Kingdomcome on Thursday in the Afternoon around 3-330. If you want to play.

Let me know when, and I'll stay late for a game with you.
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) on Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:37 pm

KingdomCome wrote:
Vycem wrote:

Let me know when, and I'll stay late for a game with you.

I'll be there the whole day, very likely. I'll stick around for a game, too.
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:06 am

I'll bring my Peasant Cannibal army on Thursday see if i can get a game, can be at Joels arround 5:30pm.

"I don't give a goddamn flying hawkman fuck what anyone says - THIS is the greatest fuckin' finale to a film ever. A legion of hairy winged super badasses attacking an art deco rocketship belonging to the evil ruler of the universe, a goddamn football player hijacking said rocketship and crashing it into a fuckin' emperor's palace on his goddamn fuckin' wedding day, saving the Earth with seconds to spare. With extra POWERRRRCHORDS for good fuckin' measure.

Flash Gordon. Fuck Yeah. "
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai on Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:28 pm

i might be there with a HG Panzer list
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-04-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) on Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:20 pm

Dakai wrote:i might be there with a HG Panzer list

I can try to get there earlier, I had offered to give you a practice run last week. You can also give me back my dice. Razz
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich on Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:17 pm

Any idiot who forgets 235 points off the board deserves to lose in the first place.

It's kind of interesting, Rufus, how the whole friggin game these guys are trying to blow up my IS-2s with everything they got, and not once did Erik think to himself " GEE I FORGOT MY AT 16 TANKHUNTER !" Don't you find that a little peculiar ?

Also interesting how he's never played with a Jagdpanther before, but low and behold, Stephan's coming to town with his IS-2's hmmmm what should we take ?

Hahahahahahahhaahahah.... gimme a break Erik.

That's it, i'm getting a spetznatz force together or something, so I can at least fool you once in a while in terms of what I'm bringing.

Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2623
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:37 pm

Ovich wrote:

That's it, i'm getting a spetznatz force together or something, so I can at least fool you once in a while in terms of what I'm bringing.

Thats the ticket. I'd like to get a crack at your army or Luis's. I haven't felt the communist might yet and I'm sorely lacking the experience. I can't promise an easy win, but at least I wont tailor my list to beat yours Surprised .
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top