How do you.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do you.....

Post by KingdomCome on Mon May 31, 2010 10:56 pm

How do you kindly tell someone to go fuck themselves when they show up to a "freindly" game with multiple (king)tigers or Panther A's? OR when someone changes their list on the spot when they see what you pull out to play?
I know the answer to the first question is to bring a balanced list to topple their un-balanced list, but it's still an uphill battle.
The second question, not so much. Both happend recently and it tends to get old fast.
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you.....

Post by rokassan on Mon May 31, 2010 11:19 pm

Who wold you be referring to? My answer dont play them. Tell them their full of shit or simply change your list right after they finish modifying theirs.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3599
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

View user profile http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Mon May 31, 2010 11:32 pm

I'm not gonna name names, but it's not you sunny .... I'm not sure the other person intended to change their list when they saw what I was bringing, but said person saw planes and threw in anti-air ,said person saw a bunch of tanks and pulled out a kingly tiger and many stugs with zero infantry. I had no infantry either.... It was just for fun in my eyes and it was a list i made 5 minutes before so no hurt feelings, just more of a WTF feeling.
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) on Mon May 31, 2010 11:58 pm

KingdomCome wrote:change their list when they saw what I was bringing

Possibly one of two biggest pet peeves I have in regards to community gaming.
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi on Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:35 am

Yeah, I think people generally HATE it when folks change their lists on site, especially after seeing what you have.

As for the first one, you know the answer, but obviously it's always hard.

You've got 2 choices, you can either fight fire with fire OR change it up.

If you choose to fight with fire, bring 2 lists yourself. If you have to play that same person again and pull the same shit, just pull out a different list and change it up before deployment. If he cries fowl, point out that he just did the same thing to you.

If you change it up, simply don't share your list with him and leave everything in your case until deployment. Then, as you deploy, deploy your army. This way, he can't tailor his list to you because he has no idea what you might have.

Just a couple of suggestions, hope it helps!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young on Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:33 am

I always make my lists to take on any opponent, just sometimes they are geared to kill more one type than the other. My tank list for example, is clearly made to fight armor, but i include enough machine gun fire in it to also deal with infantry.

About my opponent changing his list as soon as he sees what i have, i have a way to deal with that. I always bring 2 lists, a mechanized and an infantry list. he pulls that shit on me, and once he is done making his changes. I just switch lists on him, fight fire with fire.

"I don't give a goddamn flying hawkman fuck what anyone says - THIS is the greatest fuckin' finale to a film ever. A legion of hairy winged super badasses attacking an art deco rocketship belonging to the evil ruler of the universe, a goddamn football player hijacking said rocketship and crashing it into a fuckin' emperor's palace on his goddamn fuckin' wedding day, saving the Earth with seconds to spare. With extra POWERRRRCHORDS for good fuckin' measure.

Flash Gordon. Fuck Yeah. "
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:12 pm

Changing lists specifically for playing against a person is lame. I've declined to play people, usually just make up an excuse like "oh shit, got to go!"

Now a list of nothing but King Tigers, Panther A's... don't see the problem with this especially since they are perfectly legal lists.
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:25 pm

Fuck an excuse. Just tell him thats a pile of shit. How can you sit there and tailor your list to beat mine after you see it? Thats called cheating.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3599
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

View user profile http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:41 pm

Good intelligence on the enemy Razz
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb on Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:27 pm

I have had that happen to me, and I told them right there what they did. Unbelievable they denied it.

Next game I did exactly what Scurrdi thought of also, I deployed from my case AS THE GAME WAS IN PLAY! In addition, I did not put my reserves on the table prior to their use.

It sounds like this player primarily uses Tiger's and Panther's with modifications based on his knowing what his opponent has. So build two list to counter that and not reveal it to him until the game starts.

And if you really want to fuck with him. Put a totally bogus army on the table, and when he inquires about it say "Yes this is the army I am playing with" hold up the real list. Then as the games starts and he is committed and is placing his units on the table, start pulling your real units from your case. When he challenges you "I thought you were playing that army" pointing to the one you had first place on the table. Respond and say "Like I said I am playing this army" hold up the list a second time, "I put those units on the table so I get to these" and continue to deploy.

May be he will get the message, either way you should be prepare to counter his spying. I have several list and try different armies all the time. Beside I like different armies, to me it's challenging and fun.

I agree with Rok, I always confront players head on with there little ploys. I will try to be polite as much as possible, but I will not allow unacceptable behavior or I simply will not play them. I strive for game friendly atmosphere.

It's people with small dicks that make life miserable for the rest of us!

Ruler of the Known Galaxy
AKA JerryB
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) on Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:32 pm

Posting it in the right place:

Next time someone asks me what's in my army, I'm just going to open the book up to the 'German Arsenal' (or whatever appropriate 'compiled collection' list) section and show it to them.
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Motormanmpd on Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:08 pm

Just ask how many ponits and put stuff on table.........do not expalin list. Say it is like Fog of War. It might be fun to put something up to block each others view while deploying. It you make it more like real war. You don't know what is over the next hill. I know it is not in the rules but it would be a cool twist to Flames.

Motormanmpd
Cultist

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-03-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb on Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:27 pm

Motormanmpd, I have actually seen pictures of what you are talking about.
They put a screen dividing the table in half, deploy their army and BAM, game on!
But, I believe this wank would just walk around and peek. It's better to fuck with him and do what I suggest above. He sounds like a power gamer and he will lose interest if he loses two games in a row, problem solved.

JerryB
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai on Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:21 pm

i cannt beleve this but i agree with jerry
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-04-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Motormanmpd on Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:51 am

I know who Kingdomcome is talking about. He is not a very strong player. I played him and it was a easy win. He kept asking me rules questions and it was my third or fourth game of Flames. I think he changed his list because he was tired of losing. He stacked the cards in his favor. Not cool.

Motormanmpd
Cultist

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-03-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb on Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:07 pm

Yes, I have played him also. I only won against him once. He does not come across as power player, so I never really paid attention to his list building methods.

I am not certain he does this intentionally, however Kingdom experience may differ from mine. From what I have seen he rarely wins.

JerryB
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content