On behalf of a friend:

View previous topic View next topic Go down

On behalf of a friend:

Post by Autarch (CM) on Sat May 29, 2010 1:56 pm

My buddy Rob was considering getting into FoW - specifically, playing a German Schnellschwadron for mid-war. I told him to hold off on getting anything for that particular list; as, for a starting army - I wanted to be sure it would work both in mid or late war. As I don't own any late war material short of the web briefings for my particular list, I was wondering what LW lists provide you with Assault Rifle platoons.
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: On behalf of a friend:

Post by Hurricane on Sat May 29, 2010 9:54 pm

I didn't think there were any assault rife platoons in Midwar. Could you tell me what briefing has that? As far as late war, a Sturm Company from Stalin's Onslaught has assault rifle platoons.
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Sat May 29, 2010 10:34 pm

None in midwar. The Sturmgehwer44 was issued starting in 1944. It was in the prototype phase in 1943. It was called the MP43.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3599
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

View user profile http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) on Sun May 30, 2010 10:03 pm

Hurricane wrote:I didn't think there were any assault rife platoons in Midwar. Could you tell me what briefing has that? As far as late war, a Sturm Company from Stalin's Onslaught has assault rifle platoons.
rokassan wrote:None in midwar. The Sturmgehwer44 was issued starting in 1944. It was in the prototype phase in 1943. It was called the MP43.

Understood; although, Eastern Front, page 69 (Schnellschwadron): a Schnell Platoon has the option to replace all Rifle/MG and SMG teams for Assault Rifle teams for +10 points for team.

EDIT: I did some cursory searching on the interwebs and there were apparently around 11,000 'Maschinenkarabiner 1942' in use as part of field trials.
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Sun May 30, 2010 10:27 pm

Thats true. I didnt think FoW had that option. Then cool.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3599
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

View user profile http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) on Sun May 30, 2010 10:33 pm

Because I forgot the first time: Stalin's Onslaught? Thanks. I have yet to use any non-briefings for LW... So I'd have no clue it'd be in that book.
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane on Sun May 30, 2010 10:49 pm

Yes, Stalin's Onslaught. I am almost finished with my Stug Batterie. I have one platoon left to paint (Sturm Platoon). My tank riders (Begleit Platoon) has assault rifles. I'm looking forward to trying them out on some russians.
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx on Sun May 30, 2010 11:02 pm

Wow, it's like you guys are speaking another language. Hehe
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb on Mon May 31, 2010 2:07 pm

jspyd3rx wrote:Wow, it's like you guys are speaking another language. Hehe

Kinda sounds like their speaking German and Russian....
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down