Dean Kay / 13 / 11 / 9 / 5
Greg Ottoman / 13 / 11 / 8 / 0
Dan Ibarra-Scurr / 13 / 11 / 6 / 0
Jim Sudduth / 10 / 11 / 16 / 0
Patrick Tuttle / 10 / 10 / 8 / 0
Rene Hoevenberg / 10 / 10 / 7 / 0
James Rentaria / 10 / 9 / 10 / 0
Jorge Del Rio / 9 / 9 / 8 / 0
Arthur Tuttle / 9 / 6 / 6 / 0 (Two Games)
John Brown / 7 / 10 / 7 / 0
James Pittman / 7 / 4 / - / 4 (Ringer - One Game)
Doug Cowart / 6 / 9 / 8 / 2
Eric Deutsch / 4 / 9 / 7 / 1
Justin Casson / 3 / 10 / 19 / 0

VPs include +2 vp per victory
Sports is 1-3 per game plus number of favorite opponent votes
Painting is 3-15 (1-5 in figures, bases and creativity) plus number of best army votes
History is 0-5

Best Sport - Bryan Layton
Best Army - Justin Casson
Best History - Dean Kay

The VP score is all that mattered. Sport, Painting, and History was only used as a tie breaker. Hence, I came in 12 and Stephan 13, despite the fact that we both had the same amount of VP's I love you
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recon Results

Post by luis the young on Thu May 06, 2010 10:04 am

Mustave been a nice sight all those cool painted armies. What were the top 3 playing ?

"I don't give a goddamn flying hawkman fuck what anyone says - THIS is the greatest fuckin' finale to a film ever. A legion of hairy winged super badasses attacking an art deco rocketship belonging to the evil ruler of the universe, a goddamn football player hijacking said rocketship and crashing it into a fuckin' emperor's palace on his goddamn fuckin' wedding day, saving the Earth with seconds to spare. With extra POWERRRRCHORDS for good fuckin' measure.

Flash Gordon. Fuck Yeah. "
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Thu May 06, 2010 10:18 am

Holy shit at Justin's painting score. Never have seen his FoW stuff, but he is talented.
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi on Thu May 06, 2010 9:47 pm

Not the Air Force Justin, different guy (unless you know that Justin).

Top player was playing British Churchill Company (he got a lucky round of players), the 3rd place player was running a 1940 German Tank Company (all Panzer IIIs and such).

Don't know what the 2nd guy played.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane on Thu May 06, 2010 10:03 pm

Not sure what he was playing but I think it was a german force. It was amazing how many people were playing americans. And only 1 russian player (tank company). Justin's army was painted really good. The highlight was the custom built objective marker. He made on with a mechwarrior that was painted up camo style like a panther tank. Then it was built as if it were being developed as a secret weapon for the germans. It was really cool.
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane on Thu May 06, 2010 10:04 pm

I played against American Rangers and 2 Armoured rifle companies.
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Thu May 06, 2010 10:19 pm

Justin Casson was old gaming buddy that we used to play Heavy Gear with. He's a professional painter who does lots of commission work. I know Brian had gotten some work in the past from him and so have I.
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich on Fri May 07, 2010 10:21 pm

It's actually funny. I played Justin in a breakthrough mission in the last round and the guy did not have a chance against me. His force consisted of

CC and 2IC Panzer IV
3 Panzer IV platoon
1 Panzergrenadire platoon
2 Pak 40s anti tank platoon
and 1 Panther platoon with 2 Panthers in it.

He put his infantry in reserve.

So you are talking about essentially 5 Panzers and 2 Panthers going up against an entire fearless veteran infantry company with my own Pak 40s, and a Marder platoon, not to mention flamethrowers and Passaglia Bombs.

He failed his company command test in the 4th turn.

I figured he couldn't have done that well with that army against anyone else either and saw that he ended up in last place points wise.

But he was very happy to win the painting award and his tanks looked really good. Very nice Cammo patterns.

What definitely won it for him was the objective markers though. Very imaginative and well modeled.

Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2623
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Fri May 07, 2010 11:36 pm

He hasn't played the game much, hes been bugging us up North to play with him for years but hes been pretty much just been collecting mainly. He had said he wasn't planning on playing at recon possibly since he was so inexperienced.
Kyle
Chaos God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi on Sun May 09, 2010 6:36 pm

I played against an Italian Tank Company, a German Panzer Company, and a German paratrooper Company.

It was a fun and great event! I completely forgot a critical rule that probably would have let me win my first game, which would have changed my placings pretty quick (The TO was giving +2 for any wins).

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jcasson01 on Tue May 25, 2010 3:02 pm

Finally getting around to making an account here. Yes, Kyle, that was me with the 19 for the painting of my army. Got my butt handed me to me every round of the tournament, but that won't stop me from trying again. This Qualifier on the 26th sounds like fun. Different list, so maybe I'll have more of a chance, though.

jcasson01
Slave

Male
Number of posts : 2
Armies : Mid or Late war Panzergrenadier and Late war Panzerkompanie, Late war Tankovy
Registration date : 2010-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top