New Fireprism and Nightspinner

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Fireprism and Nightspinner

Post by The Eldar Guy on Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:43 am

Eh, idk if I'll be buying one.

http://free0.hiboox.com/images/1610/2386ddd328d73882c4261593eb726455.jpg

http://free0.hiboox.com/images/1610/098e61e60bc1096f6fc49748e2f33b70.jpg

The large turrets look out of place on the -old- small hull, imo.

Edit: Also, why the hell did they release the Nightspinner- shit sux compared to the fireprism. Plenty of better and cooler models.
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Fireprism and Nightspinner

Post by jspyd3rx on Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:52 am

Where is the ork stuff? I thought orks are supposed to get something with every release?

Btw Chris, it's not like you don't beat everyone with what you run already. Do you really need new toys? Man, if I can't beat you before you leave; I swear I will play you in Orlando.
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:38 pm

We could've used the Scorpion super heavy. The fire prism looks like ass. I prefer the (old?) ones I have. Night spinner? C'mon GW get a clue! This is like the release of the legion of the damned for SM. GW FAIL!!!!! BTW: Fire Prism isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be....
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:53 pm

You say fail, while they roll around in the money they make from suckers who will buy it.
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:25 pm

It is a fail. All around. If GW releases models with crummy rules, not many people will buy them. Legion of the Damned? Joel still has the first ones that were sent to him. The reason is two-fold: 1) The actual rules for the legion are bad, 2) it's cheaper (and probably better) to get regular plastic marines and convert to taste. I've yet to see anyone actually rock some legion. Out of either of those models, I'd say the prism is the most usable. Hopefully it comes with a cheaper price tag than the current prisms 50 dollar one. If they're both the same price ( or more expensive for the newer one knowing GW) I'd say buy the old one while you can.
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:22 pm

They are just putting out new turrets on older models so it doesn't really hurt them and they are going to get people to buy them. The prism and nightspinner use most of the same parts as well so it just easy way to pump out more sku's for stores to carry while they didn't have to do much work on the actual models. All it is, is a weapon swap, otherwise they are identical models so this was easy quick cash in job.

Fire Prisms at least some people do use, and these should be cheaper than the old ones which had the metal components and jacked up the price. Though I don't really care for this new design, the old one was perfectly fine and appropriate.
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy on Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:27 pm

The only people that would really purchase this are eldar players... except every eldar player already has at least one fire prism... and a huge amount of people prefer the old one anyway.

They want you to go out and purchase this new fireprism so they pair it up with the nightpsinner. Except you're never going to use the nightspinner because it sucks shit (in looks too, imho).

The Nightspinner turrent just looks like a weapon swap. They should have included weapons for ALL the variants and REVAMPED the rules completely.

If they were really going to do this they should have remade the HULL. Either that or not done it at all. I feel fine in saying most eldar players would prefer a new codex over new models. We already have a damn good line.

Edit: you're fooling yourself if you think this is going to be cheaper
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:35 pm

Is this going to be a single kit with parts for both or two kits? Haven't really looked up release details. If it's a multi kit then I guess it will probably cost about same as old Fire Prism, otherwise it should be cheaper.

Perhaps when a new dex shows up these units will be better, who knows. This seems like a toss away release just to fill in a void in the mean time.
Kyle
Chaos God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy on Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:01 pm

Yeah, one box. Doubt it'll drop below 50$. I MAY end up picking one up... through store credit-eventually.

They really missed the boat with the Nightspinner rules. Even making it slightly better than the Fire prism large blast (instead of way worse) would have helped move boxes.

I would like to see a lot of these sell- would mean more eldar releases. I just think they really missed an opportunity here. I was expecting a hull redesign, and if that happened I'd have picked up 3-6 instead of contemplating the one.
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:35 pm

Have the official rules for the night spinner been put out yet along with point cost or are you talking about the lackluster forgeworld ones? I thought the nightspinner rules weren't going to be out till Spearhead is published.
Kyle
Chaos God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy on Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:02 pm

Everything points towards Apoc rules. The exceptions may include: rending, and unsure whether it will be a 5" or 7" blast.
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leviticus on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:00 pm

Buy a vindicator instead, chris... "New" eldar technology with super blast for win. Just convert it so you can put it on a flying base and go bananas with skimmer rules.

PS- This would make me laugh so hard I'd prolly pee myself mid-deployment.
Leviticus
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 169
Armies : Black Templars
Registration date : 2009-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rba718 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:37 pm

That new Fire Prism looks sexy.
rba718
Traitor Guardsman

Male
Number of posts : 107
Armies : Sisters of Battle, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2009-04-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chef xenos on Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:41 pm

blah
i like the older one with the huge crystal
chef xenos
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 814
Armies : {40k and apoc units} tyranids,gene-cult,exocrine,dominatrix,fortress of faith {bfg}tyranids {battletech} void-stalkers(merc/pirates)
Registration date : 2009-01-08

View user profile http://john80687.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rba718 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:45 pm

It still has a crystal on it though it doesn't look metal anymore AND it has a nice cannon coming out of it. It looks more Aerodynamic and Eldar-y in a way. I also think the way they lengthened the sides of the vehicle towards the rear makes it look more stream lined.
rba718
Traitor Guardsman

Male
Number of posts : 107
Armies : Sisters of Battle, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2009-04-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Thu May 27, 2010 6:29 pm

The rules for the Nightspinner:

Night Spinner

Twin-linked Doomweaver: 12-72" S:6 AP: - Heavy 1, Large Blast, Barrage, Rending
Place a marker next to any unit hit. Any such units count as being in difficult and dangerous terrain the next time they move for any reason. After they have competed their next movement, remove the marker.
Twin-linked Shuriken Catapult

BS:3

12/12/10 Fast, Skimmer, Tank

Standard Eldar vehicle upgrades apply.
NOT a transport.
Costs the same as a Fire Prism
Heavy Support choice
Night Spinner rules are stamped as "Official"

A barrage eldar weapon that causes an entire unit (doesn't matter how many are hit) to be in dangerous and difficult terrain.
Kyle
Chaos God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy on Thu May 27, 2010 6:58 pm

Meh.
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome on Thu May 27, 2010 9:43 pm

The Eldar Guy wrote:Meh.

Meh? It's fucking terrible!
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx on Fri May 28, 2010 1:14 am

Yea but he forgot to mention it is twinlinked. Now it ROCKS, YEA!!! Def Leperd RULES!!
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young on Fri May 28, 2010 8:17 am

You gotta admit, the name sounds cool though.. "Nightspinner"!!

"I don't give a goddamn flying hawkman fuck what anyone says - THIS is the greatest fuckin' finale to a film ever. A legion of hairy winged super badasses attacking an art deco rocketship belonging to the evil ruler of the universe, a goddamn football player hijacking said rocketship and crashing it into a fuckin' emperor's palace on his goddamn fuckin' wedding day, saving the Earth with seconds to spare. With extra POWERRRRCHORDS for good fuckin' measure.

Flash Gordon. Fuck Yeah. "
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle on Fri May 28, 2010 1:37 pm

It's not bad if you have it as a turret swap and was going against a horde army. Suddenly that horde of orks/nids no matter who you hit is in difficult/dangerous terrain for a round.

Course going mechanized is the popular thing now so it's not as attractive.
Kyle
Chaos God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum