8th Shfraft Batalion Withdraws with heavy losses

View previous topic View next topic Go down

8th Shfraft Batalion Withdraws with heavy losses

Post by luis the young on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:26 am

The 8th Penal batalion launched an assault vs a dugged in Stug Company. Losses were horrendous on both sides.

The brave volunteers of the Shfraft batalion rushed as fast as they could towards the German lines through a hail of artillery fire and Planes from the German airforce straffing their advance.

Wave after wave of assaults were launched against the entrenched German infantry and they were wiped out to a man, loses were heavy on the Soviet side and they were not prepared for the German reinforcements int he way of 2 Stug Companies.

One of the Stug companies consolidated arround the objective and held off several assaults by the heroes of the Shraft company led by none other than Ltn. Penycylin himself ! The German armor proved to strong for the knives and submachine guns of the Soviet patriots ( all i had left at that point ). Ltn Penycylin and his brave wife were shot down trying to climb a Stug to drop some grenades down the driver hatch.

The remaining 45mm anti-tank from the soviet HQ fired volley after volley at one of the Stug Companies and was able to bail out 2 of them, masive return fire from the Stugs failed to damage the brave soldier gunners.

The Soviet comander decided to pull back his forces, he had no more infantry to throw at the enemy and the 45mm was running low on ammo. The Soviet comander knew that the Germans were on the verge of breaking from combat they had taken massive casualties, but he had nothing left to stop the Stugs and he needed to return to the Soviet high comand and report that the recon mission had been a success !

This was a BLODDY ASS game, 42 soviet infantry stands came in, all died, just had command teams and mortars alive. Erick lost 1 pioneer platoon, a tank rider platoon, an artillery platoon and 2 stugs from a 3 stug company, and his company comander I almost had the game by turn 3-4 when i launched a massive assault and wiped out the Tank riders, the pioneers made a good showing of themselves in blody hand to hand figthing, but also went down to my crazy hand to hand rolls.

Couple of things we notice about this game:
1 - sporadic air support sucks big hairy balls
2- 2 guns in an artillery platoon sucks hairier balls
3- Tank riders with no tanks = i go down faster than a 2cent whore
4- Never launch your flametrower platoons in the front of an assault .... i had nothing left to take out the Stugs.
5- Just because Erick tells you is a good idea to do something, doesnt mean is good for YOU (tricked me into alunching an assault vs his Stugs so he could break away out of Flmaethrower range!! lol )

Good game, and bloddy as usual.

"I don't give a goddamn flying hawkman fuck what anyone says - THIS is the greatest fuckin' finale to a film ever. A legion of hairy winged super badasses attacking an art deco rocketship belonging to the evil ruler of the universe, a goddamn football player hijacking said rocketship and crashing it into a fuckin' emperor's palace on his goddamn fuckin' wedding day, saving the Earth with seconds to spare. With extra POWERRRRCHORDS for good fuckin' measure.

Flash Gordon. Fuck Yeah. "
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Shfraft Batalion Withdraws with heavy losses

Post by Hurricane on Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:13 pm

Funny, the first 3 all applied to my army. Oh, and my wife laughed at number 5 and said she could have told you that before hand. Actually, you didnt have to assault them they were already considered part of the assault because 1 tank was with in 4 inches. But it was a good game. And we both found areas that we need to improve in our army lists
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young on Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:19 pm

Yep, the mortars are nice, but they lack the range, i shouldve stuck to my Rockit launchers.

Oh well, we will be back ! The Siberian Birth farms are working overtime to replenish the losses suffered by the volunteers of the Penal batalion !

ps. i shouldve used that IS-2 company ..

"I don't give a goddamn flying hawkman fuck what anyone says - THIS is the greatest fuckin' finale to a film ever. A legion of hairy winged super badasses attacking an art deco rocketship belonging to the evil ruler of the universe, a goddamn football player hijacking said rocketship and crashing it into a fuckin' emperor's palace on his goddamn fuckin' wedding day, saving the Earth with seconds to spare. With extra POWERRRRCHORDS for good fuckin' measure.

Flash Gordon. Fuck Yeah. "
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich on Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:57 pm

Luis, Erik is a tricky bastard.. you should know that by now. Shame on you for forgetting. You deserve your loss.

Erik, I'm gonna have to take on this new -fangled stugg company of yours at one point or another.

Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2623
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi on Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:57 pm

It's a fun company! I wanna try it with my British at some point.

Good game it looks like though!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top