Thank you Dan!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thank you Dan!!!!!!

Post by Hurricane on Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:18 pm

Nice Job with the tournament, thanks for running it.

Eric
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thank you Dan!!!!!!

Post by Warbird on Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:03 pm

Agreed. Even tough I came in last place it was still really fun and I learned a lot. Good job Dan
-Rob

Warbird
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 231
Armies : FOW: US Paras (Late War) WOTR: Elves
Registration date : 2009-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane on Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:31 am

OH and when's the next one??? Luis you missed a good one!
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young on Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:47 am

Hurricane wrote:OH and when's the next one??? Luis you missed a good one!

It sure looks like it, but had the Ard'boys on saturday and couldnt take sunday off also. hopefully i can make it to the next one, havent played fow in forever

"I don't give a goddamn flying hawkman fuck what anyone says - THIS is the greatest fuckin' finale to a film ever. A legion of hairy winged super badasses attacking an art deco rocketship belonging to the evil ruler of the universe, a goddamn football player hijacking said rocketship and crashing it into a fuckin' emperor's palace on his goddamn fuckin' wedding day, saving the Earth with seconds to spare. With extra POWERRRRCHORDS for good fuckin' measure.

Flash Gordon. Fuck Yeah. "
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb on Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:19 pm

Luis, you haven't played WotR forever and forever

So many army men, so little time.

JerryB
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young on Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:22 pm

jerryb wrote:Luis, you haven't played WotR forever and forever

So many army men, so little time.

JerryB

Aint that the truth, lol.

"I don't give a goddamn flying hawkman fuck what anyone says - THIS is the greatest fuckin' finale to a film ever. A legion of hairy winged super badasses attacking an art deco rocketship belonging to the evil ruler of the universe, a goddamn football player hijacking said rocketship and crashing it into a fuckin' emperor's palace on his goddamn fuckin' wedding day, saving the Earth with seconds to spare. With extra POWERRRRCHORDS for good fuckin' measure.

luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich on Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:38 pm

It was a fun tournament !

Highlight for me was watching 2 Tigers assault my Mortar squad, miss, and then have to break off afterward. Later on I jumped out with Demolishers, flamed the Tigers, causing a bailout, hit them with some artillery causing the other bailout, assaulted with an attached observer team, and capture the tanks.

After that, the rest of my tournament went pretty much down hill.

Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2623
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:40 pm

Starting with a beat down by the British king
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:57 pm

Man, now im dying to break out the Penal battalion once again and unleash hell on some poor bastard.

luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:08 pm

Luis, I won 50 bucks in store credit so I have finally finished off my StuG Batterie! Let me know when!
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:19 pm

Hurricane wrote:Luis, I won 50 bucks in store credit so I have finally finished off my StuG Batterie! Let me know when!

You got time today ? i can get home and get the stuff and head over to your house. let me know ,and how many points.

luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:36 pm

I can't, due to playing in the tournament and gaming a bit on Sat.... I've used up all my gaming tokens! How about next Monday?
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:54 pm

lol, i know how that goes, the ard'boys took my tournament allowance for the month Sad

Allright, next Monday then. Late war im asuming ? gotta read up on the rules again, havent played in so long im a bit rusty.

luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:58 pm

Yah late war. 1500pts is good b/c that is what the next tournament will be. But if you want 1750, I could do that to. Let me know.
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young on Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:47 pm

1500 is fine, that way we can test lists and stuff.

luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi on Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:23 pm

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the event! Despite the late start and early end time I still think it went well and it seemed like everyone had a good time!

The next is tentatively September 13th. I need to check my schedule and then check in with Joel to make sure the date is ok. Looking at LW, 1500 pts, with a possible Normandy theme. We will extra armies available for those who don't currently have Western Europe Armies.

More details to follow!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLimey on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:25 am

When is the Next Tournament? 1500 point, lar War, right?
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 266
Armies : Games played: Starship Troopers, Epic...
Registration date : 2009-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:12 am

Yes, it is late war. Last I heard it was going to be Sept. 13th. But I haven't heard anything definate. We are running a campaign out of my house on Monday night's if you are interested. I live out near the Hammocks/Tamiami Airport. I know that is a long drive for you. About 15 minutes more from Joels, but I you are interested let me know.
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLimey on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:43 am

Can't do Monday's I'm afraid.

However, if anyone is available on Saturday's, I can make it then at Joel's. I played Matthew a few times on Saturday afternoon's whilst my wife played boardgames.
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:38 pm

I haven't spoken to Joel about the 13th yet, but I will let you know tomorrow when I go by (actually will be this time).

I'm about to post some stuff for Hurricon!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLimey on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:52 am

Hopefully, I'll have my stuff a little more painted by then. I'm frantically undercoating and spackling bases....
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum