40k and fantasy pics.

Go down

40k and fantasy pics.

Post by rokassan on Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:41 pm

Being a public forum and not profiting from it can we use pics that are copywrited material?

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3599
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

View user profile http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 40k and fantasy pics.

Post by scurrdi on Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:29 pm

My understanding is that as long as it is for "educational" purposes we are allowed to use some photos of things. Obviously there is no issue with us posting our own photos of our figs and battles, etc.

As for offical GW pics, I'm not really sure.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:32 pm

I would figure we are advertising for them and of course we are not profiting from their work. We are educating gamers and potential gamers.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi on Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:43 pm

I don't see why we couldn't.
I can put a footer on the forum and portal page with the usual disclaimer, however I think the chances of a GW official person popping by and starting a legal issue is somewhere between slim and none.
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan on Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:53 pm

And slim left town. Ive seen other forums with offical pics on the...Heresy online being one of them.

rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) on Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:20 pm

As long as we don't put up photos from source material including points or articles (like their painting guides/etc.) it should be fair game.
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich on Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:25 pm

Copyright laws are tricky, but I wouldn't worry about them too much as long as you're not sharing files of scanned stuff or posting said stuff. Also, we're clearly not making any money nor intend to make any money, and anything we do here only helps them sell instead of detracts.

Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2623
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down